Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:30 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,991 times

Advertisements

i suspect there's multi-purpose in offering free fries.

-$1 pay for the cost of potatoes over the remaining weeks
-it drives potential traffic to their stores in the hope of developing habitual visits
-it reduces the stock pile of potatoes since lots of people are carb cutting and not eating as many fries
-free advertisement because something is 'free'

I ate mcdonalds after skipping it for other offerings for roughly 10 or more years. The taste of the sandwich must have woken up my cellular memory because it brought back child hood memories of eating mcd.... I think the pickles they use must have a distinct mcd flavor that I've not experienced anywhere else. While the visit as a whole was underwhelming, the idea that a taste could bring back the memory of eating at mcd from years and years ago is something new for me.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:44 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Yesterday I was out of town and needed to eat out all day and I decided to do a test to see how cheaply I could eat at McDonalds. I limit myself one day a week where I can eat whatever I want. I also have a reputation for being very frugal so this satisfies that aspect of my personality.

Breakfast:

I got out my app and there was a bacon egg and cheese biscuit for $.01 with any purchase of $1 or more. I bought a large coffee for $1 and got the biscuit for a penny. On the receipt I noticed you can get a free dessert if you do their online survey. So while I ate I did the survey and gave the survey code to the cashier. I got a free strawberry pie. Got a free coffee refill with the pie.

Lunch:

Back to the app they have a burger deal for $1. I went to a different McDonalds and ordered from the kiosk. For some reason the coupon code was not working. The manager said they were having problems with the coupon codes and gave me a free soda with my $1 big mac. I could have gotten another free pie with the survey on the receipt but I was in a hurry so I skipped it.

Late afternoon snack:

Back to a different McDonalds. Free fry Fridays. I ordered a Med Fry and large drink to qualify for the freebee. I just paid for the drink which was $1.

So three trips to McDonalds and I paid $3.01 plus tax for everything. What suprises me is that when I see people ordering at McDonalds I never see people taking advantage of the app.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:11 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The burgers are still the same size as they were when I worked at a McD in 1982- 10 burgers per lb for regular burgers and 4 per lb for 1/4 pounders.
A friend bought me a double quarter pounder last month & it seemed small compared to the early 80s. Last month was the first time in over 10 yrs that I was at mcdonalds.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:14 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,459 times
That's all most in America need. As if more than half our population doesn't have weight issues already.
Oh and the currently have a salad issue too

Old 07-21-2018, 07:12 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That is a lot of food on the cheap, but McDonalds 3 times a day?

A one time thing. I low carb most of the time but I was out of town on business and when I left the hotel early I saw the golden arches, checked the app and decided to see what I could do in one day. I am not trying to copy the supersize me guy. If you check the calories for the day it was about 1500. Lots of carbs and fat but not that much food.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:36 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Remember the saying there's no such thing as a free lunch? It applies here. You are downloading the app. They are collecting data about you in exchange for free fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink