U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:07 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,327,481 times

Advertisements

I love summer foods and I love summer. I use my oven and gas burners all year even though I live in warm Georgia; plenty of grilling outside too though. I don't make chili, soups, stews or holiday foods/baking in the summer, but everything else is fair game year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 05:26 AM

20,369 posts, read 25,519,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Couldn't rep again, but I love pumpkin, can't believe I'd never heard of pumpkin chili before! Browsed a few recipes and it looks yummy, definitely on my list of new things to try, so thanks.
I tried it a few years ago and liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
I'm ready for stews, soups, and other warm you up comfort food. I am also ready to bake breads and cookies galore. We had a great summer, but the time has come for Autumn goodness.
I have had bread on the brain, lol. I'm making a couple of loaves today

Old 08-18-2018, 03:53 PM

758 posts, read 368,896 times
Stuffed acorn squash....spaghetti squash

Old 08-18-2018, 04:02 PM

17,820 posts, read 3,594,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Stuffed acorn squash....spaghetti squash

How do you fix your spaghetti squash?? I've not tried it...

Old 08-18-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I just cut it in half, rub it with olive oil, bake cut side down for 1 hr at 400. When it`s tender, just scrape it out with a fork. It will come out in strands like spaghetti. I satue it a little oil with some garlic. So good

Old 08-18-2018, 04:33 PM

17,820 posts, read 3,594,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I just cut it in half, rub it with olive oil, bake cut side down for 1 hr at 400. When it`s tender, just scrape it out with a fork. It will come out in strands like spaghetti. I satue it a little oil with some garlic. So good
So after baking it can be used in many ways...like in place of spaghetti, I've seen...or on it's own in a saute...

Old 08-18-2018, 05:23 PM

20,369 posts, read 25,519,577 times
Quote:

I love spaghetti squash. The first time I had it was at a restaurant I worked at. The steamed it, cut it in half, scraped out the spaghetti like strands and mixed it with butter and s&p. Very simple but good.

I have also made it with meat sauce and lentil sauce on top. I still like it best with a little butter, s&p.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So after baking it can be used in many ways...like in place of spaghetti, I've seen...or on it's own in a saute...
Yes...No need for a heavy sauce....very light oil and a little garlic

Old 08-18-2018, 07:26 PM

30,532 posts, read 9,129,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I love spaghetti squash. The first time I had it was at a restaurant I worked at. The steamed it, cut it in half, scraped out the spaghetti like strands and mixed it with butter and s&p. Very simple but good.

I have also made it with meat sauce and lentil sauce on top. I still like it best with a little butter, s&p.

That's how I like it, too. A little butter complements its sweet flavor. Save the sauce for spaghetti!

Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,818,349 times
Ohhh...cooler weather comfort food cooking is my favorite!

I used to love summer so much when I was younger, but now, I can't stand the heat and humidity of NC summers anymore. Give me fall any day!

I can't wait to make:
Beef stew
Beef roast
Pork roast
Chili (Different kinds...traditional chili, white chicken chili...)
All kinds of soups (broccoli and cheese, vegetable beef soup with tons of veggies, potato soup, taco soup)
Chicken and pastry
Cakes
Cookies
PIES!
Holiday foods!

Right now, we're mostly eating sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or