U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:36 PM

16,392 posts, read 9,056,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
New to me a spice mix called Za"atar was discontinued by online shop and finally an original spanish smoked paprika de la Vera, that last one is usually sold out but finally got a tin of it. The brand Fuchs which is bit expensive german good brand.
Za'atar is one of my favorite spice mixes. Easy and cheap to make your own. Just dried thyme, oregano, sumac, and sesame seeds. Wonderful sprinkled onto a piece of pita drizzled with olive oil, and it's great with hummus, too. My daughter likes it mixed into scrambled eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 08:55 PM

19,414 posts, read 12,818,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
A pre made meal kit from the grocery, the usual price was 18.00 but it was marked down to 9.00. A Vietnamese stir fry dish, it had all the pre chopped meat, veggies, cooked rice and seasoning like chopped lemongrass, chilies and garlic. It was good, simple to put together and someone else did all the chopping and slicing! I’d buy again.
Where did you find it in the store?

Old 11-24-2018, 11:25 PM

New to us—Kind bars. We had them on vacation, and then we bought a big box of them at Costco. They are very good, as these things go. Also very portable and just the right size for a snack. Supposed to be somewhat healthy.

I finally found a favorite product this week—Lemonaise Light. Lemonaise is a lovely lemon flavored mayo. I like the lighter version, but it is hard to find. Well, I found it. And it is just as good as I remembered.

For those of you on the West Coast, I found it at Chuck’s.

And new to me this year is Stash Tea’s Chamomile Nights, which is a blend of chamomile, spearmint and lotus flower. I am drinking it now, shortly before going to bed. This is an herbal tea, with no caffeine, but with very pleasing flavor.

Have you tried any new items that you discovered at your grocer?

Old 11-25-2018, 08:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 3,979,769 times
Love Kind bars, my favorite is Dark chocolate with chile.

Trader Joe's Vanilla infused Vermont Maple Syrup is good...
Luccini Parmesan Garlic Caesar dressing-loved it

Old 11-25-2018, 09:58 AM

13,808 posts, read 23,065,247 times
I bought some fresah persimmons last week. I also bought some red yams.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I bought some fresah persimmons last week. I also bought some red yams.
Well, tell us about the persimmons. I’ve never bought Asian persimmons. What did they taste like?

Old 11-26-2018, 09:16 AM

1,709 posts, read 1,526,718 times
Lillys chocolate. The only non-sugar keto approved chocolate out there. Also, while not new to cauliflower, I've certainly come to appreciate it's versatility in whole new ways since starting keto. It makes a great stand-in for potatoes, rice, pizza crusts etc. It's also WONDERFUL roasted with lemon juice, parmesan, garlic, basil and tossed in coconut oil & kerrygold butter.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:17 AM

1,709 posts, read 1,526,718 times
Oh, and on that note let me add Spaghetti squash as well. Makes a GREAT tasting pasta substitute.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:21 PM

31,512 posts, read 57,805,613 times
Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel seasoning. If it's not moving, I'm sprinkling it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Still to try: cheese curds and walleye.
Hop to it! They're both wonderful!

Old 11-28-2018, 04:18 PM

554 posts, read 260,889 times
Aha! I finally have one! Actually two now that I think about it. First off Mrs.Renfros Jalepeno green salsa is delicious. A good amount of heat without it being overpowering. I'm not normally a fan of green salsas, but this one made me a convert. We buy it at WalMart because it's too pricey at the local grocery store.

Next up is Mrs.Renfros Ghost Pepper Nacho Cheese dip. Holy smokes is this stuff great, and hot! Not burn your mouth off, but definitely start small and see what you can tolerate. It is SO good. Throw a dollop of sourcream and this nacjo cheese together, dip your tortilla chips into it, pure heaven. If you like some heat this one is for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or