U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:08 PM

13,808 posts, read 23,065,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well, tell us about the persimmons. Iíve never bought Asian persimmons. What did they taste like?
They slice like tomatoes. You can eat them in slices or like an apple after you remove the stem. They are fruit and flavorful. They are sweet with a slight aftertaste on the tongue.

That is the first time I have tried them. They are probably not my favorite fruit but they will be a welcome addition to our winter fruits.

I might add that I bought a bag of six for $1 at 99 Only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 07:10 PM

13,808 posts, read 23,065,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Za'atar is one of my favorite spice mixes. Easy and cheap to make your own. Just dried thyme, oregano, sumac, and sesame seeds. Wonderful sprinkled onto a piece of pita drizzled with olive oil, and it's great with hummus, too. My daughter likes it mixed into scrambled eggs.
You CAN make it ***BUT*** you might find that purchasing the ingredients separately is far more expensive than buying one of the bags of ZA'atar that you will fing in a Middle Eastern market. I think that I paid about $2.50 for an 8 oz bag last year.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:00 PM

21 posts, read 6,526 times
New to me and delicious...Sol Mar cocoa stuffed mini churros sold at Lidl. I have only seen them there once, never had them so didn't stock up, and now can only dream of them until Lidl stocks them again. SO good.

Poppables- better than potato chips but wish they came in more flavors.

Johnnies Garlic Spread and Seasoning- a jar of Italian spices, garlic, and goodness. I use it in most anything savory or to jazz up boring sauces. Delicious

Choc Zero- Keto dark chocolate bars with almonds and sea salt. Absolutely does not taste 'diet'. No stevia, they use monkfruit.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:41 PM

19,419 posts, read 12,818,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp007 View Post
New to me and delicious...Sol Mar cocoa stuffed mini churros sold at Lidl. I have only seen them there once, never had them so didn't stock up, and now can only dream of them until Lidl stocks them again. SO good.

Poppables- better than potato chips but wish they came in more flavors.

Johnnies Garlic Spread and Seasoning- a jar of Italian spices, garlic, and goodness. I use it in most anything savory or to jazz up boring sauces. Delicious

Choc Zero- Keto dark chocolate bars with almonds and sea salt. Absolutely does not taste 'diet'. No stevia, they use monkfruit.
How about a link to the Choc Zero?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:49 PM

I bought a small container if Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio ice cream and I love it!

Old 12-07-2018, 07:36 PM

383 posts, read 227,593 times
Quote:
I bought a small container if Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio ice cream and I love it!
I've eaten that! It's outrageously good !!!

I tried a new "dish" this year after Thanksgiving. You take leftover turkey bread stuffing (not cornbread) and lightly push it into a waffle iron or flatten onto a skillet. Cook on low until warmed through and a bit crisp.

Top with a hot poached egg or two for brunch.

Fabulous! My new favorite dish. I ate it for brunch on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I would have eaten it Monday but I ran out of leftover stuffing. :-(

I plan to repeat this new holiday ritual after Xmas.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:07 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,596 posts, read 4,974,312 times
Smile Keto Chocolate.

Quote:
How about a link to the Choc Zero?

I found this, I believe it is the same one. Hope this helps!

https://www.choczero.com/

https://www.choczero.com/collections...w-carb-6oz-bag

https://www.choczero.com/collections...onut-keto-bark

Old 12-07-2018, 10:31 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,596 posts, read 4,974,312 times
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Lillys chocolate. The only non-sugar keto approved chocolate out there. Also, while not new to cauliflower, I've certainly come to appreciate it's versatility in whole new ways since starting keto. It makes a great stand-in for potatoes, rice, pizza crusts etc. It's also WONDERFUL roasted with lemon juice, parmesan, garlic, basil and tossed in coconut oil & kerrygold butter.
Yum!

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

21 posts, read 6,526 times
@Silibran

The box looks different, but the product description sounds right, though they are bars, not bark.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Old Today, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp007 View Post
@Silibran

The box looks different, but the product description sounds right, though they are bars, not bark.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or