U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 03:36 PM

21,475 posts, read 22,729,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
No, I mean when does it go away forever? When does the country get tired enough of this seasonal miseria shoved down our throats by Starbucks and Trader Joe's that we never have to hear the term "pumpkin spice" again? It can't happen soon enough for me.
I don't think it will. People like seasonal things. Berries and tomatoes in the summer, apples and squash in the fall, peppermint and gingerbread in the winter. It may all be marketing, but people like what they like--don't yuck someone else's yum, as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 15 days ago)

1,407 posts, read 437,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Isn't typically the end of November, when their holiday drinks come out?

I was surprised that today, while in Target, they were setting up pumpkin ales. I'm tired, so it suddenly occurred to me... "It's 95 degrees in Oct!?" I'm also seeing Halloween gear sneaking out bit by bit... boy, they're rushing the seasons this year... we haven't even hit Labor Day yet.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:25 PM

11,095 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I always laugh when PSL time rolls around. All these girls who get excited and say "Yay! Pumpkin Spiced Latte time!!! I love everything pumpkin flavored!!"

They get really confused when you tell them that PSL isn't pumpkin flavored. There is a difference between pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
As I clicked on the thread, I wondered how many posts there would be staying "You know, pumpkin spice lattes don't even contain any pumpkin..."

Yes, people are well aware that pumpkin spice does not contain actual pumpkin. Just as taco seasoning does not contain actual tacos.

Quote:
No, I mean when does it go away forever? When does the country get tired enough of this seasonal miseria shoved down our throats by Starbucks and Trader Joe's that we never have to hear the term "pumpkin spice" again? It can't happen soon enough for me.
I hate being forced to buy food I don't like... Oh wait, that's never happened to me at Starbucks, Trader Joe's, or any other store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I was surprised that today, while in Target, they were setting up pumpkin ales. I'm tired, so it suddenly occurred to me... "It's 95 degrees in Oct!?" I'm also seeing Halloween gear sneaking out bit by bit... boy, they're rushing the seasons this year... we haven't even hit Labor Day yet.
One of the local breweries had their pumpkin beers out in July. I love their pumpkin beers, but its not something I want to drink while lounging by the pool. Its a fall drink. I get that its popular, so they want it on the shelf longer, but I'd rather it was available in February and not July.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:01 PM

828 posts, read 958,592 times
Quote:
I'd like to know when the self entitled little brats that consider everything they don't like, yet are under zero obligation to buy/consume, to be things "shoved down our throats", will go away.

I'm not holding my breath, but we can dream, right?

Old 08-28-2018, 07:47 PM

8,069 posts, read 3,896,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LMAO I think you know what they mean.

And you need to get out more; girls aren't the only ones in line buying pumpkin spice coffees. Not by a long shot.

Honestly, many of them mean pumpkin flavored. They think they're getting a pumpkin flavored coffee. Because they never actually eat pumpkin without the spices, they don't know what pumpkin tastes like.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 PM

8,069 posts, read 3,896,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
As I clicked on the thread, I wondered how many posts there would be staying "You know, pumpkin spice lattes don't even contain any pumpkin..."

Yes, people are well aware that pumpkin spice does not contain actual pumpkin. Just as taco seasoning does not contain actual tacos.

Many people are not well aware. They have no idea what pumpkin (without accompanying spices) tastes like. They're just ordering a trendy coffee drink, and believe that's pumpkin flavor.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:38 PM

1,068 posts, read 354,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's that time of year again!

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are on the menu again at Starbucks!

It's almost time to make Coquito!
Thanks for the heads up! Going there this weekend.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:50 PM

11,095 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Many people are not well aware. They have no idea what pumpkin (without accompanying spices) tastes like. They're just ordering a trendy coffee drink, and believe that's pumpkin flavor.
No, they're ordering a pumpkin spice flavored drink, and getting a pumpkin spice flavored drink.

It's fine if you don't like Starbucks, but that doesn't mean those who buy their coffee there are idiots.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:32 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,409,007 times
I love actual pumpkin flavor.

Stuff that is just the spices used in pumpkin pie, less so. Cinnamon and nutmeg on its own, eh.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:49 PM

5,757 posts, read 3,195,270 times
Love them and they signal that fall and the holidays are right around the corner. My favorite time of the year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink