Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:50 PM

10,851 posts, read 7,260,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Honestly, many of them mean pumpkin flavored. They think they're getting a pumpkin flavored coffee. Because they never actually eat pumpkin without the spices, they don't know what pumpkin tastes like.
Like some people taste caraway seeds and say "oh, this has rye in it!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 06:48 AM

18,905 posts, read 13,800,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
No, I mean when does it go away forever? When does the country get tired enough of this seasonal miseria shoved down our throats by Starbucks and Trader Joe's that we never have to hear the term "pumpkin spice" again? It can't happen soon enough for me.
Starbucks and such have certainly jumped on the bandwagon big time, but I was first exposed to Pumpkin Spice coffee by On the Run (a gas station store chain) years ago. I would get it in the morning when I stopped for gas on my way to hunting. Because of that it has become a tradition of sorts. Makes me think of my favorite hobby and time of year.

I'm definitely not ashamed to say that I LOVE pumpkin spice coffee!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-29-2018, 06:55 AM

16,372 posts, read 12,367,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, they're ordering a pumpkin spice flavored drink, and getting a pumpkin spice flavored drink.

It's fine if you don't like Starbucks, but that doesn't mean those who buy their coffee there are idiots.
What the hell are you talking about? I love Starbucks. I've never said, or even suggested, that people who buy their coffee there are idiots. But there ARE people who think they're getting pumpkin flavored coffee.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And you need to get out more; girls aren't the only ones in line buying pumpkin spice coffees. Not by a long shot.
Please tell me where I said that girls are the only ones in line buying pumpkin spice coffees?

IME, it is primarily girls who squeal about their love for pumpkin flavored coffee. I've never heard a guy say it.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:07 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,445,033 times
I'm pretty sure no one thinks that it actually has pumpkin flavoring. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating people?

Old 08-29-2018, 08:42 AM

257 posts, read 176,484 times
Last year as a joke with my friends, I took a page from Morgan Spurlock's "Supersize Me", which I called "Superspice Me." I committed to trying every pumpkin spice-flavored food-like product I came across. I had pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice Cheerios, pumpkin spice Kit Kats, and a host of other products I have mentally blocked myself from remembering. I gained 7 pounds, and decided I never need to consume another pumpkin-spice flavored comestible again in my life.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm pretty sure no one thinks that it actually has pumpkin flavoring. Then again, maybe I'm overestimating people?
If that were the case, then why would stories like these be written?

If You Think it's Crazy that Pumpkin Spice Latte has No Pumpkin, Wait Till You Hear About Pumpkin Pie

Just What is in Pumpkin Spice Flavor (Hint: Not Pumpkin)

Your Annual Reminder that Pumpkin Spice Doesn't Actually Contain Pumpkin

One Thing Not in Starbucks' Pumpkin Latte: Pumpkin

Old 08-29-2018, 12:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,037,770 times
I can't believe people are arguing about this.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:34 PM

11,142 posts, read 7,888,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I can't believe people are arguing about this.
I can’t believe that you’ve been a member here since 2011 and surprised that people will argue about something so trivial.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:18 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,237,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I always laugh when PSL time rolls around. All these girls who get excited and say "Yay! Pumpkin Spiced Latte time!!! I love everything pumpkin flavored!!"

They get really confused when you tell them that PSL isn't pumpkin flavored. There is a difference between pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
On a related note, taco seasoning does not contain tacos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink