U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:31 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times

Advertisements

Fried chicken.

I don't deep fry at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 10:41 PM

4,103 posts, read 3,444,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Hidden valley ranch seasoning (which I do mix at home with buttermilk and mayo) is far superior to any homemade ranch dressing recipe Iíve ever tried.

Yes,I agree.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:01 AM

17,156 posts, read 22,161,261 times
pupu platter at a Chinese restaurant....I dont care if its Americanized food ..one of my favorites

Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM

34,526 posts, read 42,694,765 times
My husband and kids would say macaroni and cheese. They prefer Kraft.

I would say anything deep fried. I donít make it at home, and if I did, it wouldnít be as good as a restaurant can make it.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:21 AM

10,116 posts, read 16,713,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My husband and kids would say macaroni and cheese. They prefer Kraft.

I would say anything deep fried. I donít make it at home, and if I did, it wouldnít be as good as a restaurant can make it.
Me too, homemade macaroni and cheese is one of the few pasta dishes I've never liked - way too heavy and gluey.

I'm with you on fried food! See my post about setting fire to my kitchen in the disasters thread.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 AM

16,926 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Fried chicken, I have made it and it never comes out as good.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:23 AM

173 posts, read 32,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

But I think you missed the point. To many people, pizza is by definition a food that you choose to eat specifically because you don't want to cook and, in addition, may want delivered to your house.

No I didn't miss the point. The title is "something you prefer NOT homemade", not "something you prefer not to make homemade." And I (and lots of others) certainly don't define pizza as something I choose to eat because I don't want to cook. Pizza, in fact, is pretty far down, with the exception of wood or coal fired oven, on our choices of things to get out/delivered as noted in my original post. I personally prefer not to pay for something that is not good and I really don't want to eat unless we chose to drive to the closest coal-fired oven place that's about 20 minutes away.

Onto the original question of this thread, another thing I prefer to get out and forgot about, fried chicken as others have mentioned. I make pretty good fried chicken, made some the other night in fact. BUT, with the mess it makes, as well as cost/benefit ratio especially when on sale at our local supermarket, which actually does a pretty good job, I prefer to get the fried chicken out and make the sides myself.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM

3,118 posts, read 1,216,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I don't fry anything at home so fried chicken is number one on my list (okay - maybe number #2 after a crunchy onion ring)

I have never attempted a cracker (although I was very impressed when I watched contestants on 'The Great British Baking Show' and was very impressed)

A crusty French baguette

Tortillas

Sfogliatella

Apple strudel
I used to make crackers at home. I got started when I tried to make hummus but didn't have tahini. I blended sesame seeds, but they were gritty in the final hummus. I added flour, spread it thin, and baked up a tasty batch of crackers. I made others from recipes, but now live near stores and don't have to make do.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM

20,998 posts, read 25,737,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
...........Apple strudel
Apple strudel is dead easy, except, no way would I even attempt to make phyllo at home. Phyllo gets purchased frozen.

Ditto for croissants. I like the ones from Costco, and I wouldn't even attempt to make them at home. I know how, but I'll pass on that huge production.

Bagels, I've make at home and they were lovely. I'll buy because it is easier, but the home made ones are superior. ( baked anything is superior fresh out of the oven)

Old 09-04-2018, 01:12 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,322,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Fried chicken.

I don't deep fry at home.
Same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or