U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 129 times

Advertisements

Hi, I picked up a Professional HD 475 watt blender. Having never used one and not having a manual on it (it is a used blender) is there anything, other than not dunking it in water, that I should be aware of?
Also, it makes kind of a whrrrr noise when using it, is that normal? It is louder than a hand-held blender. I have only used it to mix up some bread dough, so far. It is a refurbished RKG25H0X MC (model). I tried finding a manual for it online, but couldn't.

Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 10:27 AM

8,836 posts, read 8,173,387 times
Don't buy one.

Mine died while making soup from non-dense, non-heavy ingredients. The twirling mechanism fused with the base, IIRC. Whirlpool wanted me to pay them $25 to mail me a shipping container to mail the blender back to them even though I still had the original box, manual, packing materials.

Never again.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:01 AM

1,953 posts, read 754,738 times
That's a mixer, not a blender. The KA mixers are heavy and prone to walking off the counter. Noisy. I got rid of mine because I could no longer easily lift it out of the cabinet and onto a work surface. Replaced it with a $200 Bosch mixer NEW. MUCH BETTER MIXER. Weighs about 5 lbs instead of 40, does a better job on EVERYTHING from meringue to bread dough. My KA mixer would get hot and shut down due to overheating on low load. My much cheaper Bosch barely gets warm if you load it up with a full load of bread dough. Contact Kitchenaid, they should be able to provide you with a scanned copy of the manual.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:03 AM

17,429 posts, read 3,547,315 times
Yes, get on KitchenAid's website and ask your questions...

Old 09-09-2018, 11:08 AM

4,759 posts, read 1,871,850 times
Had one of those or a similar one. It died after about 5 years of good use by the daughters. The only problem I had was a bad case of food poisoning when my daughter neglected to properly clean the blades on time. That's not a good experience. Make sure it's clean!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink