Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 05:35 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,236,002 times

Advertisements

eggplant recipe's

i love love eggplant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 04:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
eggplant recipe's

i love love eggplant
wonder just how well that would sell: only one thing in the book and not something a lot of people like. I know, some really do love it, but am not sure about a book. But if you want to write one, give it a shot. Someone would love to read it.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:54 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,890,151 times
Oh, I don't know. I don't like eggplant myself, so I know I wouldn't be buying a recipe book and missing anything. On the other hand, if someone did a cookbook with 101 recipes for potatoes or bacon, I'd grab that one in a heartbeat.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
keto cookbook...

and put QR codes on each page and when scanned it goes to a youtube video of how to prepare that particular recipe

Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
It would probably be either a seafood or BBQ/grilling cookbook. My seafood book would have very little to do with salmon as I will only eat it smoked or cured as gravlax. Not a fan of other salmon preparations.
This made me chuckle

You reminded me of my sister - when we were considering starting a catering business together, the plan went south quickly when she stated emphatically that she would not be offering any seafood or mushrooms to our potential future clients because she didn't like to eat those things herself. We all have our particulars in food but each person's taste varies; it's better to include a variety and let the reader decide which dishes they would rather skip. Just my two cents.

My first published cookbook will be popular mainstays, done traditionally and then also revamped for low-carb/paleo/Atkin's/keto. Because sometimes you want to behave and have a low-carb treat, and sometimes you want the full-throttle, 'tastes just like my childhood' version.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:28 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This made me chuckle

You reminded me of my sister - when we were considering starting a catering business together, the plan went south quickly when she stated emphatically that she would not be offering any seafood or mushrooms to our potential future clients because she didn't like to eat those things herself. We all have our particulars in food but each person's taste varies; it's better to include a variety and let the reader decide which dishes they would rather skip. Just my two cents.

My first published cookbook will be popular mainstays, done traditionally and then also revamped for low-carb/paleo/Atkin's/keto. Because sometimes you want to behave and have a low-carb treat, and

***sometimes you want the full-throttle, 'tastes just like my childhood' version.

I like the cookbook by Ellie Krieger, The Food You Crave...

lightens up our childhood/comfort favorites...adds more nutritional value.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:56 PM

236 posts, read 195,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Good idea...

What are you using in place of canola?
I switched many years ago to olive oil. I also use real butter. The truth is that olive oil has a particular molecular structure which is very good for the human body, whereas canola oil has a molecular structure which is not. People do not realize there is no such thing as a "canola" plant. That name stands for "Canada Oil = Canola. Canada was given a multimillion dollar contract to manufacture canola oil from the rapeseed plant many yrs ago and people began to say it was good for you. Far from it. In earlier studies they fed canola to livestock and they became infertile and their skin broke out.

Recent research, for instance, has uncovered damage canola oil consumption triggers in your brain and the effect this may have on your memory and learning ability.3 The study, published in the journal Nature, also found the consumption of canola oil increased weight gain.

Canola Oil Negatively Affects Brain Health and Weight Management

The study was led by researcher Dr. Domenico Praticò from Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Praticò commented to the Los Angeles Times that canola oil is perceived by many to be healthy — a widespread misconception:4

"Canola oil is appealing because it is less expensive than other vegetable oils, and it is advertised as being healthy. Very few studies, however, have examined that claim, especially in terms of the brain."

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/he...body-and-mind/

Article The Great Con-ola
NEXUS MAGAZINE: The Great Canola Con

Last edited by goldenwings; 09-16-2018 at 05:13 PM..

Old 09-16-2018, 05:05 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
I'd like to write a cookbook titled "39 Ways to Cook over a Wood Fire".

Old 09-17-2018, 04:04 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,081,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This made me chuckle

My first published cookbook will be popular mainstays, done traditionally and then also revamped for low-carb/paleo/Atkin's/keto. Because sometimes you want to behave and have a low-carb treat, and sometimes you want the full-throttle, 'tastes just like my childhood' version.
So you're alright with putting something in a cookbook without ever making or developing it yourself? Not my style. Would never represent someone else's recipe as my own.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:55 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I'd write one on how to up the nutritional value of your meals, and how to make what you make regularly elevated (cooking it better like searing, etc.).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink