U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM
 
Location: North State (California)
28,463 posts, read 2,216,819 times
Reputation: 9940

Advertisements

I like traditional chicken & dumplings. I also love empanada, but I consider that a pie, not a dumpling. Some Chinese style dumplings are good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,511 posts, read 9,123,268 times
Reputation: 29060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I always liked the dumplings Mom would toss into chicken soup/stew. looks like this =
https://goo.gl/images/T1X7nM

Yum!

And though they're not dumplings, I occasionally add a few frozen ravioli to certain soups and stews.

Last edited by Delahanty; 09-11-2018 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Canada
5,150 posts, read 3,652,621 times
Reputation: 13572
Potato dumplings.

Raw grated potatoes with the excess liquid squeezed out and add flour until you can form a meatball sized dumpling. Boil gently in salted water 20 minutes and serve w/butter,salt/pepper, onions and bacon. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Charlotte county, Florida
4,108 posts, read 5,001,637 times
Reputation: 11842
A friends Dad made Sauerbraten and always had Kartoffelklosse with it.. I loved them..

My mom and I both make drop dumplings for chicken and dumplings, also very yummy..

I've had the rolled dumplings and I like them also..

Basically, all dumplings I have tried so far are yummy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 06:39 PM
 
1,312 posts, read 838,003 times
Reputation: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I always liked the dumplings Mom would toss into chicken soup/stew. looks like this =
https://goo.gl/images/T1X7nM

Yes, love those too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
1,792 posts, read 2,301,387 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I always liked the dumplings Mom would toss into chicken soup/stew. looks like this =
https://goo.gl/images/T1X7nM
Oh yes! That's what Granny made ... sure miss them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 06:28 AM
 
Location: SE Florida
681 posts, read 143,567 times
Reputation: 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
A friends Dad made Sauerbraten and always had Kartoffelklosse with it.. I loved them..

My mom and I both make drop dumplings for chicken and dumplings, also very yummy..

I've had the rolled dumplings and I like them also..

Basically, all dumplings I have tried so far are yummy!!
Have you ever had leftovers sliced and fried in butter for breakfast the next day? I now make extras for that purpose! Great with fried eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Kanada 🍁
118,714 posts, read 13,654,630 times
Reputation: 54574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Have you ever had leftovers sliced and fried in butter for breakfast the next day? I now make extras for that purpose! Great with fried eggs.
I make that and serve them with cinnamon sugar and unsweetened apple sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 06:59 AM
 
Location: SE Florida
681 posts, read 143,567 times
Reputation: 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I make that and serve them with cinnamon sugar and unsweetened apple sauce.
Sounds good. Mine have a savory stuffing, which would go good with applesauce, but not sure about cinnamon sugar. When you make sauerbraten, do you make homemade gingersnaps to thicken the gravy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Kanada 🍁
118,714 posts, read 13,654,630 times
Reputation: 54574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Sounds good. Mine have a savory stuffing, which would go good with applesauce, but not sure about cinnamon sugar. When you make sauerbraten, do you make homemade gingersnaps to thicken the gravy?
I never did that,but have seen a recipe where Lebkuchen is used in the sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top