U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:34 PM

34,800 posts, read 53,367,274 times

Advertisements

I am afraid that I already tried everything that was to try around here. To eat something new I would have to travel to some exciting and exotic places...
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Exercise and Fitness, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 04:50 PM

4,374 posts, read 2,318,820 times
I love to try new and exotic things. I enjoy UNI (sea urchin), NATTO (fermented soybeans) and others, but after a serious attempt to find a drinkable almond milk, I have just about given up. The winner of one of the taste tests, MALK Vanilla almond milk, was the best of the bunch, and then only on oatmeal, and I am still not a fan.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:09 PM

186,741 posts, read 75,809,919 times
Tonight I had my first dish of Hostess Twinkie ice cream. It's good but I'll move on from it in favor of other new flavors to try. To me it actually tastes like frozen a Twinkie and is better than a deep fried Twinkie.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:31 AM

687 posts, read 545,887 times
Chicken Schnitzel.
Kinda bland for my Indian taste buds. May be will try it with horseradish sauce next

Old 09-25-2018, 10:16 AM

9,828 posts, read 13,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I had a marinated seaweed in my sushi bowl...it was ok...
Ohhh, I just tried that a few weeks ago. Not bad, but definitely different. The texture was... interesting.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM

907 posts, read 206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I love to try new and exotic things. I enjoy UNI (sea urchin), NATTO (fermented soybeans) and others, but after a serious attempt to find a drinkable almond milk, I have just about given up. The winner of one of the taste tests, MALK Vanilla almond milk, was the best of the bunch, and then only on oatmeal, and I am still not a fan.
Finally someone else that likes Uni! How about geoduck?

Old 09-25-2018, 01:11 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,390,885 times
I like so many foods. I discovered fresh Hatch green chilies last year - I am on the wrong side of the country, so only one store sells them around here. I made two big batches of Colorado green chili and Yummmmm.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:26 PM

907 posts, read 206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I like so many foods. I discovered fresh Hatch green chilies last year - I am on the wrong side of the country, so only one store sells them around here. I made two big batches of Colorado green chili and Yummmmm.
Our local Winn Dixie store brought in some hot and mild Hatch chilis a couple weeks ago. I grabbed some of each @ $1.29 per pound. We went back last Friday and they still had some, actually looked like no one else bought any, the only difference, they were $.49 per pound. I basically wiped them out. I roasted them in the basket for my Weber charcoal grill rotisserie, using pecan 1/2 splits for fire.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:04 PM

70,427 posts, read 81,232,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
For me in the last week or so I just tried:

polenta-eh it was ok
eggplant hummus-amazing
couscous-ok
Glad you found the eggplant hummus amazing. 2 things I can't not stand; I have had hummus a couple of times that were edible. In fact at our anniversary party we had jalapeno/garlic hummus and it was actually pretty good. I have tried eggplant every way imaginable for 50 plus years; just can not eat it.

As for couscous we have them about once every couple of weeks for a break from rice or potatoes. We like flavored varieties or I flavor them myself. Are they a favorite? Nope jut they are a nice break.

Now, I can think of one other thing I just had for the first time: we tried the veggie tots by Green Giant: I will never say never but I doubt we will get them again or not often. Of course we eat very few frozen vegges .

dogboa: Hatch chilies are as good as any chili grown anywhere in the world in my opinion. We get them every summer one way or another. This year a friend gave us 3 huge cans. She wanted to re-pay us for the canned goods, including salsa we have given her.

Last edited by nmnita; 09-25-2018 at 02:14 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM

70,427 posts, read 81,232,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I just worked at one of the largest food shows on the eastern seaboard at foxwoods ct.
thousands of food venders sampling out brand new items...

bacon-wrapped rib eye cap steaks......they were sooooo good!!

a cranberry apple sausage that I thought would be a little fruity (funny) tasting was excellent!!

some sort of pumpkin peanut butter whoopie pie...was really good
We are having a church couples group here on Oct 13th for a pot luck. We are serving grilled brats (actually sausages)I have purchased a variety of kinds, one being an apple, maple one. There are always those that like the sweet everything. They are usually those who were raised in upper midwest and that is about 1/2 oru church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink