U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:58 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
My ex husband would have a bowl of chicken soup and then drink 16 oz of chocolate milk. No thanks.
Growing up, whenever we would have pizza, we would also have chocolate milk.

I think I was nearly an adult before I figured out that this is a nonstandard combo. I was like "Doesn't everyone drink chocolate milk with pizza? LOL. No idea why this was a thing. We really never kept chocolate milk on hand, otherwise. So weird. I've asked my mom, and she doesn't remember how it came to be a thing, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 AM

15,565 posts, read 8,742,257 times
OP, what do you consider an appropriate beverage for consumption with such a meal? I agree with the above poster that this is a very odd thing to be concerned about. Why are you wasting your time and energy worrying about this?

Old 09-14-2018, 09:12 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Well, and it's obviously a very specifically targeted concern, as in he has one acquaintance whose dietary habits trouble or baffle him, to the point where he's wondering if they're generalized to the public as a whole.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:21 AM

15,565 posts, read 8,742,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Well, and it's obviously a very specifically targeted concern, as in he has one acquaintance whose dietary habits trouble or baffle him, to the point where he's wondering if they're generalized to the public as a whole.
So I gathered. I'm still wondering what she* considers an appropriate beverage to consume with meals. Would she be equally offended if her coworker immediately wolfed down an orange, an apple, or a piece of melon after finishing the soup?

* I could be wrong, but I believe the OP is female.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:25 AM

1,953 posts, read 753,703 times
I have a friend who won't drink any other liquid when he has soup. I don't really get his reasoning, but whatever. It doesn't bother me - he makes no objection to my having other liquids as well as soup.

The one I don't get is going in to a restaurant and trying to order soup (which is ON THEIR MENU) only to be told that soup is only seasonally available, as if that is a real thing. EG they don't serve soup in the summer "because it is hot out and who wants hot soup in their stomach when its already hot".

That might have been a thing 50 years ago, before air conditioning became ubiquitous. It is certainly NOT a thing now. And in point of fact, these restaurants ARE AIR CONDITIONED - so what difference does it make? They still serve all manner of other hot foods. Why not hot soup?

Old 09-14-2018, 11:29 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Again with the Naked juice...? This is about that co-worker of yours, right? You've mentioned this lunch of his/hers before and that it bothers you. Let it go. You sound obsessed over something that has absolutely nothing to do with you, nor should it since he/she is doing nothing wrong.
I thought I recognized the soup & juice story.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:39 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,230,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I often see someone drink a hearty bowl of cream soups then pops open a can of Naked juice. I can only imagine what the taste of indigestion or burping the savory flavors of the soup and the fruit juice together.
Why does it matter what other people eat or what they choose to drink with it or after it or before it or on the following Tuesday?

If you don't want to eat soup and then drink juice, then don't. Problem solved.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:50 AM

250 posts, read 115,754 times
I am one of those odd coworkers. I get hinted at that I have an eating and exercise disorder. My habits are noticed by a coworker. I bring my protein drinks and diet jello to snack on all day, put stevia over most of my foods, eat my scrambled eggs or chicken in my Tupperware container, have a desk of canned veggies, diet jello cups and soup (pop it open and eat it - no need to heat it up, tastes the same) and just whatever I feel like eating. I don't think I have a problem but I guess some do and that's okay as long as I like what I am eating, all is cool at the office.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM

13,349 posts, read 7,121,412 times
Soup and juice...no problem. Some combos like milk and orange juice not so good. Or drinking a diet soda right after brushing with some minty toothpaste, bad idea.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:44 PM

714 posts, read 328,727 times
I don’t understand why this matters. Some people eat what I would consider odd combinations of food and drink. Hey, if you like bologna and whipped cream, I say knock yourself out. I’m sure there are a few people out there who think I consume unusual food combos, too. But what I eat is my business.

Reportedly some pregnant women crave odd food combos. Can’t say from actual experience, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or