U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 02:50 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
OP, has Mrs jambo expressed her opinion that you can share with us?
Post 23. To add, she didnt eat hardly any of the meal i prepared but she didnt have a problem eating a huge portion of apple pie and ice cream for desert .
Quote:
Is this one of your wife's friends that you don't like?
i thought that to be obvious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 03:01 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Yes, your friend was very rude. Who says they will take a doggie bag from a friendís home cooked meal? I never heard of such a thing. Itís one thing if you offer it to them, but for them to state that they will take a doggie bag is way out of line. I would have said ďI guess you would,but Iíll eat my own leftoversĒ.
What else was she supposed to do with all the food left on her plate? If she didn't take it home, it would have been thrown away. I'm not putting food that someone else has been eating back into the pot with the other leftovers. That sounds gross.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:22 PM

28,142 posts, read 2,192,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What else was she supposed to do with all the food left on her plate? If she didn't take it home, it would have been thrown away. I'm not putting food that someone else has been eating back into the pot with the other leftovers. That sounds gross.
The issue is not the leftover food on her plate, it is, as far as I can see, that the guest them proceeded to empty the leftovers in the pot & took that too. That is very rude. I always make extra of some foods, to eat as leftovers. I would be mad if someone helped themselves to that & took it home in a doggie bag.

Old 09-26-2018, 03:32 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Unless it is a buffet/make your own sandwich. Where did all the bread, meat and cheese go?
No, no. Here's a hard roll, 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of Swiss. Open a bag of chips and Bob's your uncle! I'm just snarky enough to put a Ziploc bag next to her place, "...just in case you can't finish your sandwich, dear."

I can't believe the part I just read where she polished off a slice of apple pie and ice cream!

I would have been happy to give her a container for the food on her plate that she couldn't finish. I don't consider that rude. But at the restaurant, when you ask for a doggie bag, you can't go in the kitchen and empty the pans. Why would you do such a thing at a private home?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:03 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
The issue is not the leftover food on her plate, it is, as far as I can see, that the guest them proceeded to empty the leftovers in the pot & took that too. That is very rude.
Because the wife told her to. The OP is just mad that his wife gave away food that he wanted as leftovers to a person he doesn't like. That doesn't make the wife's friend rude.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:42 PM

30,392 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring out why this guest was rude then.

She didn't put more then she could eat on her plate, you did.

She didn't bring her own containers or jusy help herself, your wife gave the containers to her to fill up with leftovers.

To me it sounds like a problem with poor communication, not a rude guest. You assumed your guest was as hungry as you were, and didn't ask how much she would like. And it seems your wife didn't know that you wanted to save the leftovers for yourself.

I agree.

And the poor communication continues with the OP. How many follow-up posts do we have to read before getting a very different picture from what was originally posted?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:12 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I agree.

And the poor communication continues with the OP. How many follow-up posts do we have to read before getting a very different picture from what was originally posted?
I made the original topic merely to get peoples take on guests taking home the meal provided in a doggie bag, i have read the responses and as such further comments are redundant. Thanks..

Old 09-27-2018, 04:56 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Invited a friend over for dinner tonight and after i spend a lot of time making it she says she doesnt eat much and said she would take a doggie bag ,so she filled two large containers from the pot and after an hour of chit chat off she goes with several days worth of food. Am i wrong to think this was rude behaviour?
Wow. No, you are right. This is ridiculous. I would not invite her for dinner again.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:58 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Suddenly, Mondays just became "sandwich night".
Exactly! Especially after this! Or you and your wife eat earlier on Mon. and the food is put away when she comes.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:50 AM

1,254 posts, read 808,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Invited a friend over for dinner tonight and after i spend a lot of time making it she says she doesnt eat much and said she would take a doggie bag ,so she filled two large containers from the pot and after an hour of chit chat off she goes with several days worth of food. Am i wrong to think this was rude behaviour?
Not in my opinion. Extremely rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or