U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:25 AM

17,995 posts, read 17,150,498 times

Advertisements

If I drink coffee, I always make it in a Melitta cone. I have two--one is a cheap plastic one and the one I usually use is ceramic. We used to use them at work too instead of having a great big coffee machine.

I just heat the water in a tea kettle and pour away. Makes good coffee and no coffee machine to clean. Neat and simple. They're trendy now????

Old 10-10-2018, 04:12 AM

54,151 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If I drink coffee, I always make it in a Melitta cone. I have two--one is a cheap plastic one and the one I usually use is ceramic. We used to use them at work too instead of having a great big coffee machine.

I just heat the water in a tea kettle and pour away. Makes good coffee and no coffee machine to clean. Neat and simple. They're trendy now????

And if the power goes out during a hurricane you can put the kettle on the Bar-B-Q and still have your morning coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 07:05 AM

104 posts, read 14,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
A boyfriend introduced me to Melitta coffee (and filter cones) when we lived in San Francisco in the 1970's. I still use their filter cone, but can't find the coffee here in Omaha. Melitta European dark roast was my choice for an inexpensive and delicious coffee when I lived in Philadelphia. One can still buy Melitta on Amazon. but it's twice as expensive as it was a few years ago. Seattle's Best is a reasonable substitute. I like good coffee, but I'm not paying Starbuck prices.

They don't carry it often but sometimes Melitta is available at the tjmax, homegoods or marshall stores if you have any of those around by you. You might get lucky during the holidays and find it there.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 AM

86,001 posts, read 3,527,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Thatís a surprise to me too. Iíve used a Melitta cone nearly every day since 1987, and no oneís ever accused me of being trendy.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:17 AM

11,700 posts, read 16,450,382 times
The whole get up for coffee came in pastel colors and also in toy size for the next generation.

WallyWorld, Amazon, ... almost every grocery store carries the coffee and filters.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:37 PM

1,772 posts, read 2,404,960 times
I remember this brand very well. What I remember about Melitta is that they either gave away or had practically free coffee pots and I got one of them and it was a piece of crap. Didn't work well at all.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:20 PM

8,218 posts, read 8,501,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, OP - you want to talk about Melitta coffee or Melitta coffee filters?
Neither, really. My point was to share an interesting story about its history, but it looks to me as if no one bothered to read it.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:20 AM

30,411 posts, read 9,092,686 times
We have a couple of the cone/mug sets. They're perfect for those times when you want a single cup. I've never tried Melitta coffee, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or