U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2018, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
8,139 posts, read 7,463,231 times
Reputation: 17039

Advertisements

We drink all kinds of tea. I probably have twenty different ones in a large blue glass pitcher.

My tea pot came from Target years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-10-2018, 06:46 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
17,971 posts, read 17,131,123 times
Reputation: 30080
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Iím not much of a tea drinker, but I do like it, once in awhile. I have a white porcelain tea pot that I fill with very hot water, I dump that out and fill it with boiling water and the tea bags. Then, I cover the pot with a tea cozy I bought on vacation many years ago....Bagshaws on St. Lucia.

I pour it and add a little honey. My biggest gripe about tea is it tastes gross when it cools off.
I like tea hot or cold with a little bit of milk to sweeten. I can't take Yorkshire tea because I'm not strong enough, lol. (It's too strong for me. )But one thing I cannot stand is iced tea. Funny, but it's just gross to me. Betty's Tea Room in Harrogate- That is a FUN PLACE!
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2018, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,377 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Reputation: 28913
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
What I get is usually a mug of hot water and a selection of ordinary teabags. Sometimes I get a small pot of hot water into which I promptly place my chosen teabag. Often I’m presented with sweetener and lemon and no spoon to stir with. It is as if restaurant staff have no concept of how tea is drunk.

The last place I ate at presented me with a mug of hot water, tea bags, and nothing else.

LOL That's why I never order tea out!

Tea is a ritual, especially nice for relaxing in the afternoon or evening. But a quick cup in the morning is fine, too, for those of us who really like tea.

My favorites are English Breakfast, Earl Grey, the Orange Pekoe reminiscent of my youth (I drank tea as a child) and, of course, Chai. I can't get into green tea--too "grassy." I do add it sometimes to a good turmeric ginger tea as an immune booster--that way, I can't taste it lol. Rishi blueberry hibiscus is delicious. Even the aroma is delectable.


Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.
--Sydney Smith, British writer and cleric (1771-1845)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 01:13 AM
 
33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Reputation: 28484
i use an electric kettle to boil the water and use loose tea leaves in a French Press, i like many varieties of teas, in fact i'm about to make a cup of Roobios tea right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:25 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
8,586 posts, read 2,900,085 times
Reputation: 5111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL That's why I never order tea out!

Tea is a ritual, especially nice for relaxing in the afternoon or evening. But a quick cup in the morning is fine, too, for those of us who really like tea.

My favorites are English Breakfast, Earl Grey, the Orange Pekoe reminiscent of my youth (I drank tea as a child) and, of course, Chai. I can't get into green tea--too "grassy." I do add it sometimes to a good turmeric ginger tea as an immune booster--that way, I can't taste it lol. Rishi blueberry hibiscus is delicious. Even the aroma is delectable.


Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.
--Sydney Smith, British writer and cleric (1771-1845)
Tea Heaven - a nice Royal Crown Derby teapot filled with piping hot tea accompanied by various scones, cakes and sandwiches.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 03:49 AM
 
4,826 posts, read 2,142,556 times
Reputation: 12276
yup, the brown betty clay pot is the best! Cost a fortune ...and last a lifetime...or at least til one of the grand kids wants to use it in the yard ....

Got into different teas about five years ago...from there its been like those who only choose wines based on the seasons. So to with tea's certain ones are rare and only available during a season.

Give me a nice southern mint tea in the summer and in the winter I prefer the gold crested tea ....its a mellow tea with a bit of oak flavor to it. I get it at my India Trade store. Wish I knew its real name...I'm sure if I asked them they'd pronounce it and I wouldn't be able to spell it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 05:33 AM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,095 posts, read 3,918,635 times
Reputation: 18749
I'm a morning tea drinker and I just boil the water in a kettle on the stove, pour it into a large mug with a Twining Irish Breakfast tea bag, add some half and half and I'm good. If it's really cold (this is Florida, rarely happens) I might have a second cup of decaf later in the day.


During the day it's either water or half caff iced tea for me, sweetened with a little Truvia. Just never cared for the taste of coffee although I love the way it smells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,377 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Reputation: 28913
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm a morning tea drinker and I just boil the water in a kettle on the stove, pour it into a large mug with a Twining Irish Breakfast tea bag, add some half and half and I'm good. If it's really cold (this is Florida, rarely happens) I might have a second cup of decaf later in the day.


During the day it's either water or half caff iced tea for me, sweetened with a little Truvia. Just never cared for the taste of coffee although I love the way it smells.

That's how I like my tea, too. It's a gray, rainy morning here, so I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea--Twinings Orange Pekoe with a splash of milk. Unless it's Chai (or iced), I don't sweeten my tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 08:38 AM
 
5,528 posts, read 8,774,921 times
Reputation: 5420
I just saw this nice thread in the little Active Threads box! I'll read all 4 pages later today, but I felt like chiming in now. I, too, love tea, especially loose leaf tea, but unfortunately I can't handle the caffeine anymore, so I've had to look around for alternatives. Lately I've been making a mixture of decaf Typhoo (British) and decaf Earl Grey in bags, and it comes close to the taste of a nice, real brewed cup. In my caffeine days I used to drink a small-leaf Orange Pekoe, steeped in a tea filter in the pot. The tea filters I had to import from Europe (so I was a serious tea drinker!); I assume you can get tea filters in the US these days.


I find that the tea pots available in the US are usually too small, holding only two mugs. I like a pot you can get 4 mugs out of, so I'm using my old, favorite tea pot from Arabia (Finnland) that I had during my college days, and put my Typhoo and Earl Grey bags in it for a quick steep (otherwise it gets bitter). I also have a smaller Arabia pot that holds two mugs, or four small cups, for quick morning teas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
18,836 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Reputation: 24245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I just saw this nice thread in the little Active Threads box! I'll read all 4 pages later today, but I felt like chiming in now. I, too, love tea, especially loose leaf tea, but unfortunately I can't handle the caffeine anymore, so I've had to look around for alternatives. Lately I've been making a mixture of decaf Typhoo (British) and decaf Earl Grey in bags, and it comes close to the taste of a nice, real brewed cup. In my caffeine days I used to drink a small-leaf Orange Pekoe, steeped in a tea filter in the pot. The tea filters I had to import from Europe (so I was a serious tea drinker!); I assume you can get tea filters in the US these days.


I find that the tea pots available in the US are usually too small, holding only two mugs. I like a pot you can get 4 mugs out of, so I'm using my old, favorite tea pot from Arabia (Finnland) that I had during my college days, and put my Typhoo and Earl Grey bags in it for a quick steep (otherwise it gets bitter). I also have a smaller Arabia pot that holds two mugs, or four small cups, for quick morning teas.
You are right. Steep quick or drink bitter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top