U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 AM

9,007 posts, read 8,344,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don’t drink iced tea anymore, and I can’t think why. I haven’t made it years.
For years, I drank iced tea all day, every day. Black tea, freshly made, full caffeine, unsweetened, two half-gallons going at a time so I never ran out. Then, a few years ago, I could no longer count on being able to fall asleep at night. Through process of elimination, I came to realize it was the tea that was keeping me up, so I switched to drinking water.

I usually have one pitcher in the fridge, but it takes me days to go through it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 11:16 AM

4,477 posts, read 5,269,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Celestial Seasonings was my gateway to herbal tea in the 1970s. I loved Red Zinger, as I recall. Now my fave CS tea is the Peach.

For quieting down before sleep, I like Stash's Chamomile blend. Can't think of the exact name. I also like their peppermint tea, for after dinner.
I used to drink a lot Celestial Seasonings tea and even toured their factory many years ago. I still have my collection of their tea tins! I have no idea why I stopped using it but I'll have to give it another go to keep me toasty this winter.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:07 PM

32,211 posts, read 9,537,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Twinings and Lipton are not in the same category.

I agree loose leaf is best quality, of course, but those Twinings tea bags are good and more convenient for me. I won't drink Lipton.

True. And Twinings is enjoyed by Brits, and the Irish, as we noted when we visited there. It's reported that Twinings makes a special blend of QE's favorite, Earl Grey, just for her. It wouldn't surprise me if that's true, because Twinings is one of a number of respected brands there.

Twinings USA, supposedly blended in England and packed here, differs from Twinings UK, but not all that much. Just as "strong" doesn't define good coffee, the same is true for tea. In addition, many prefer a stronger tea in the morning, and something lighter in the afternoon or evening. Along with adjusting steeping times, there are varieties and strengths to accommodate the tastes of all of us who enjoy tea.

BTW, Wegmans carries PJ Tips, a wonderful black tea (and the Brits' favorite), Twinings UK, and other varieties in their international section. They're all worth a try.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:25 PM

1,951 posts, read 809,553 times
I love PG Tips and Typhoo Extra Strong.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:48 PM

8,038 posts, read 10,361,436 times
Rooibos w/ honey. I drink hot tea in hot weather, cold weather or any weather.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:52 PM

19,821 posts, read 13,057,123 times
I've never gotten the courage to try rooibos.

We have been in Maui for a few days. I had the best iced tea at several restaurants. It kind of reminded me why I used to like iced tea. I would never, ever buy it in a bottle. I'd make it myself. I'll have to remember to do this next summer when it gets hot again.

When I travel, I often take a few tea bags. I brew tea either directly in the glass coffee pot provided in the motel or hotel room, or I put individual bags in cups and add hot water to those. It just is not as good as properly brewed tea though.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:06 AM

2,579 posts, read 4,554,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
My teapot only gets used when I have a tea drinking visitor. I usually use a large infuser that rests on the rim of a mug.
I drink almost exclusively loose teas, and I do this, also. You can get two infusions out of any black tea if you don't over-steep.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:26 PM

32,211 posts, read 9,537,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
My teapot only gets used when I have a tea drinking visitor. I usually use a large infuser that rests on the rim of a mug.

I like my manatea for loose tea. It makes me smile lol.

Teapots for tea drinkers-download.jpeg

Old 10-21-2018, 06:15 PM

19,821 posts, read 13,057,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I like my manatea for loose tea. It makes me smile lol.

Attachment 203973
It made me smile too.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:31 PM

1,528 posts, read 565,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I drink Lapsang Soochong every morning but I don't like to mess with a teapot. Tea bags for me!
I love that. I have the loose tea and use a tea ball. I learned of it in the 1970s from one of the characters in the tv series Centennial, but I cannot remember which. I also like Earl Grey.

I have a tea pot from my mother. It is of no monetary value but it was the one in which she used to make tea for me when I was very ill as a child. She just used Lipton teabags, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink