Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,981,591 times

Advertisements

I might be out of fashion here, but I love drinking hot tea in cooler weather. I often make DH and me a pick me up cup in the afternoon, during the dreary, cooler months. I do it the old fasioned way, in a teapot. Sometimes when I feel the need to nurture myself, I make myself a cup of herbal or regular tea. I have a cobalt blue teakettle and a mid blue teapot that I use almost daily. There is something so calming about the ritual of teamaking.

If you have a beloved teapot, tell me about it. If you love making and drinking tea, post about your ritual, or whatever makes you happy about your cuppa.

Personally, I like Oolong and the blended tea, Russian Caravan, I also drink peppermint tea and chamomile tea.
Sometimes I flavor the pot with a bag of peach flavored tea.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 12:07 PM

14,215 posts, read 11,504,725 times
I love making tea too. I have a Calphalon kettle and a Denby teapot which was a wedding gift, so it's over 20 years old now, and I use them every day. I drink mostly green tea and I have my little ritual about it--boil the water on the gas stove, let it cool for 5 minutes, steep the green tea (and I usually add a bag of ginger tea) for 3 minutes.

Boiling water in the microwave or using an electric kettle just wouldn't be the same.

I also like fennel, chamomile, and rooibos tea in certain moods.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:21 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,672,354 times
I drink Lapsang Soochong every morning but I don't like to mess with a teapot. Tea bags for me!

Old 10-09-2018, 01:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,981,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I drink Lapsang Soochong every morning but I don't like to mess with a teapot. Tea bags for me!
I use teabags in my teapot.

Russian Caravan tea has Lapsong Souchong in it. I love the smoky flavor.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:53 PM

26,645 posts, read 28,492,831 times
I have a little old teapot that makes about two big cups of tea. I just warm the pot with hot water, then put the teabags in, pour in boiling water and pretty soon I have tea. I've been using a commercial (Twinings) Chai tea because when I used to try to make chai tea on my own, it came out yuck. I also use a tiny creamer along with it--it's probably part of a child's set and doesn't match anything. But it's so adorable and just the right size.

Thanks for the reminder! It's that time of year.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM

61,292 posts, read 86,187,392 times
I like my tea in a glass, and have old Russian silver tea set like this (with a samovar) which I now seldom use.

Few years ago I bought set like this in my homeland and use for special occasions. I love this set! Going to buy more from this store.
https://www.pracowniadragon.pl/928,s...ostalgia.html#

But for everyday, I am humble and use just this
https://img.shmbk.pl/rimgspr/1498299...y-lub-kawy.jpg

And a teamaker from Breville.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:04 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,411,120 times
I use my electric kettle to heat the water, so I just use mugs and a tea bag most of the time.

I do have a glass Bodum tea pot with a strainer for those times I want to use loose tea.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,078,923 times
My teapot only gets used when I have a tea drinking visitor. I usually use a large infuser that rests on the rim of a mug.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:42 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,953,104 times
I gave up a teapot years ago, use an electric kettle now, and I keep it busy all day, drinking cup after cup of decaf green tea during the day, and chamomile in the evening. The thought of a hot cup of tea is often what gets me out of bed in the morning. Having tea whenever I want has always seemed like a personal indulgence to me for some reason.

A cup of tea in my hands is a comfort and means all is well, like a cat purring in my lap.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 PM

41,776 posts, read 74,786,854 times
I have about 20 teapots. Don't judge. My favorites are the ones with the built-in strainer so I can just spoon the tea in without using a tea ball. But I also have three or four tea balls, just in case my teapot du jour isn't properly equipped.

I drink all kinds - herbal, herbal blends, and standard teas. Earl Grey and Lady Grey are favorites, along with Darjeeling, Irish breakfast, spearmint, chamomile, peach flavored, gunpowder green, white, Constant Comment ... ummm ... I'll stop there before I get carried away. LOL

A few months ago, as we were cleaning out my grandmother's house (25 years after she died ... ), I took custody of her Pyrex tea kettle that I so well remember her using. Otherwise, I have a Revere copper kettle, and an electric kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Oooh, I love that, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink