U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 08:40 PM

13,532 posts, read 11,050,576 times

Advertisements

Oh boy. Not since I was 15, and only because I was high and had the munchies, Lol. I hated candy bars as a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 PM

8,570 posts, read 11,886,406 times
I think they used to be a lot better. The peanuts were bigger and fresher or something.

But the Snickers Ice Cream bars don't have that problem. They are amazing. Nothing like the candy bar.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:25 PM

58 posts, read 12,675 times
I will do my best to make up for the others :-) Was out shopping and ate another king sizer today, with a 20 oz Coke.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:26 PM

925 posts, read 463,092 times
Just a few weeks ago. My wife and I took a road trip to Vt. Snickers are my goto snack when on the road to keep the Wolfman away. If I'm behind the wheel driving I get hangry very quickly, sometimes within an hour or so after stopping for a meal. Highway driving seems burn calories very quickly for me. My wife sometimes keeps one handy for me when she knows we will be in the car a while.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 PM

506 posts, read 242,767 times
Our local gas station is remodeling, so before they closed their doors they marked everything half off. My brother and I made a special trip there to hit up the candy aisle. My favorite is peanut butter Snickers, so I grabbed one of those and it was delicious! That was roughly a month ago. I also regularly pick up a peanut butter Snickers when we're on road trips.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:32 PM

8,570 posts, read 11,886,406 times
Do the "King Size" bars taste better than the regular ones? Whenever I've gotten one lately I've always noticed how good they are, but I don't know if that's psychological. Maybe the peanuts are larger like in the ice cream bars?

I'm going to have to try the King Sized (double) version in the next few days because now I'm craving them.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:22 PM

2,342 posts, read 591,128 times
I like the minis....frozen.

Can't even remember the last time I had a full size Snickers.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:40 PM

111 posts, read 15,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by is_it_hip View Post
I'm genuinely curious. For me, it's been at least over three years, probably.

I would guess about 5 years ago, the mini one. Snickers isn't really my favorite. I don't do the full size bars anymore. I like the Euro mini Twix and KitKat, much creamier.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:37 PM

17,167 posts, read 22,195,062 times
love candy bars but I avoid them....

its been decades...

im trying to avoid sugars ..

Old 10-28-2018, 05:55 PM

14,000 posts, read 10,140,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What is it about this forum that such a popular candy bar would have so little response here?
I skimmed through this thread quickly when it started. Couldn't believe all of the negative responses. If I had to pick a favorite candy bar, Snickers would most likely be it. Aside from that, I've always thought it was considered to be the "king of candy bars." That could just be advertising, though. lol

Quote:
I mean there are so few people on this forum that eat them. Compared to the general population where Snickers is more popular I assume. I was talking to a store clerk who told me that Snickers and Snickers Ice Cream bars were two of his biggest selling items.
Quote:
I think they used to be a lot better. The peanuts were bigger and fresher or something.

But the Snickers Ice Cream bars don't have that problem. They are amazing. Nothing like the candy bar.
Omg, I completely forgot about the Snickers ice cream bars! Incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Our local gas station is remodeling, so before they closed their doors they marked everything half off. My brother and I made a special trip there to hit up the candy aisle. My favorite is peanut butter Snickers, so I grabbed one of those and it was delicious! That was roughly a month ago. I also regularly pick up a peanut butter Snickers when we're on road trips.
I definitely prefer the original, but my mom bought a big bag of assorted Snickers (and then, because she only bought them in replacement of her favorites, since pushed them onto me). There were some peanut butter ones in there, and they are pretty good. lol

Also, my dad was not the sort of man of whom I would think would have a sweet tooth, but he did, in a big way, and would always have a little dish of Snickers minis on his coffee table. I could never imagine having that kind of self-control. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink