U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:53 PM

8,196 posts, read 7,481,935 times

Advertisements

Our local place, Roccos Tacos makes a insanely good dish called Seafood Molcajete served in a molcajete dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 04:10 PM

10,148 posts, read 16,735,602 times
The favored Mexican restaurant of my childhood in San Diego makes something called the Cheese Crisp Special.

It is so unbelievably good, though I haven't tasted it in several years.

This isn't a very good example of food photography at this link, but trust me, it's amazing. I always got it with beef.

https://www.eastcountymagazine.org/r...ur-next-fiesta

Old 10-30-2018, 04:31 PM

3,875 posts, read 7,425,580 times
I like it all. Tacos, burros, chimichangas, burritos, flatas, ect Bring it on. I do however try to avoid pork.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:06 PM

3,902 posts, read 4,516,225 times
Chile con carne is the soul of Mexican food...mine is really good...I do it my way, which means I use beans even though some Texans don't think that is real chile. I'm a native-born Texan and I disagree. I also like pico de gallo added to any Mexican dish...which is getting harder to get in restaurants. Actually, Tex-Mex is more favored here than "pure" Mexican food. I'd take either as long as it tastes good to me. I love adding avocados or guacamole to any dish. I'd grow my own avocados if anyone could guarantee the tree would be absolute cold-hardy down to 14F or so. I live in the hills and it can get fairly cold up here. I like enchiladas, carne guisada, taco plates (especially well-done puffy tacos), etc. Getting hungry just thinking about it!

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

1,461 posts, read 467,621 times
I remember a place right off the highway - I think near Crescent City, CA - called Los Compadres. It was tiny, but they made the best pork and green chili burrito I've had in my life.

San Diego, CA, somewhere in the neighborhood of Kobey's Swap Meet at the Sports Arena (not at the arena but within a few blocks) I experienced my first fish taco. Delicious!

There was a place in Gallup, NM. Everything there was great and we always looked forward to finding it again each time we passed that way on road trips!

The biggest and best margaritas Ive ever had was at a place on N. Tropicana Blvd in Las Vegas.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

7,780 posts, read 5,346,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Our local place, Roccos Tacos makes a insanely good dish called Seafood Molcajete served in a molcajete dish.
Their green sauce is delightfully delicious. I could drink a whole bowl of it.

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

16,226 posts, read 25,443,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Their green sauce is delightfully delicious. I could drink a whole bowl of it.
Since you're talking about South Florida, have either of you been to Zona Fresca on Federal Highway? They have a shrimp burrito that is ... aw, crap, I'm drooling... delicious. We *had* to go every time we visited, which was at least over Thanksgiving. I'd give many thanks to have one of those burritos right now.

Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM

20 posts, read 2,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And so far the only one I hate

Old Today, 03:47 AM

672 posts, read 142,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Since you're talking about South Florida, have either of you been to Zona Fresca on Federal Highway? They have a shrimp burrito that is ... aw, crap, I'm drooling... delicious. We *had* to go every time we visited, which was at least over Thanksgiving. I'd give many thanks to have one of those burritos right now.
What city is it in, Federal Hwy goes through many counties on the east side? I like Rosalita's Tex-Mex off Congress Ave in Lantana. I'll stop for lunch if I'm in the area on my service route. Every time I go there, I buy a pint of the green sauce to take home.

Carlos and Pepe's on 17th st in Ft. Lauderdale used to have great nachos (individually served), but I haven't been there in years. I remember they were considered expensive back in the 80's.

Old Today, 05:17 AM

16,226 posts, read 25,443,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
What city is it in, Federal Hwy goes through many counties on the east side?
Oops!

Zona Fresca has several locations but the one that we always went to -- the original location -- is at 1635 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305.

I just looked at the pictures here https://zonafresca.com/ and now I'm drooling again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink