U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:14 AM

661 posts, read 140,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
But you can't possibly say no to all those wonderful French nun-influenced pastries, can you? Good thing those gals tagged along with the Conquistadores. One good thing to come out of it, anyway.

I go wild in the panaderias.

One of my son's close friends in high school was second generation American of Mexican heritage. Sometimes his mom would make menudo for them and he just loved it.
I'll admit to liking Mexican tortas and Vietnamese Banh Mi. The bread being from French influence. I'm also really fond of good Cuban food. We make a good bit of it at home. Cuban pastries, especially the guava and cheese pastries, are great. Just not the cakes, can't stand that sickly sweet pineapple filling they use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

30,332 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGandalf987654321 View Post
I think Mexican food is very great. What Mexican dishes are your favorite?
I like Mole sauce on Mexican food although I have only had this sauce just a couple of times.

Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

4,732 posts, read 2,259,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
I'll admit to liking Mexican tortas
You'd love Guadalajara. Torta ahogada is the default street food there, it's their version of the taco in Mexico City.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

2,204 posts, read 736,091 times
My favorites are enchiladas with either cheese or shredded beef filling, topped with either the red sauce or mole sauce. On occasion I have shrimp fajitas, although I'm not sure how "Mexican" fajitas really are (Tex-Mex thing?).

Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't really care if it isn't all that healthy as long as one doesn't eat it daily. And actually not all of it is unhealthy. We have vegetarian enchelladas (spelling) about once every couple of months. Nothing unhealthy about them. Served with a guacamole salad and you have a great meal. It is the chips that make it unhealthy. They really use very little meat in Mexican food and beans are not unhealthy.

My favorite Mexican food I guess is stuffed peppers. I also like really good, home made, spicy salsa.
I agree. There are many healthy dishes. But it seems like some of the more popular ones aren't always like that.

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

7,586 posts, read 10,391,890 times
I'll pick "good" over "authentic" every time.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

593 posts, read 305,018 times
I like the entire Taco Bell menu.

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

2,726 posts, read 3,691,600 times
One thing I can NOT stand is going someplace and they have those "prefab" taco shells. The corn tortillas (yellow) that are already formed so you just put filling inside. Then when you bite on them , they crack and fall apart. UGH! Haven't run across those lately but that is a black mark in my book.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

11,796 posts, read 9,712,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
One thing I can NOT stand is going someplace and they have those "prefab" taco shells. The corn tortillas (yellow) that are already formed so you just put filling inside. Then when you bite on them , they crack and fall apart. UGH! Haven't run across those lately but that is a black mark in my book.
Yeah those are gringo taco "shells". When I go to a Mexican restaurant that uses soft, corn tortillas, I know I'm in the right place.

Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM

8,102 posts, read 4,451,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I like the number 7 combo.
number 12, speedy gonzales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink