U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM

33,549 posts, read 51,767,813 times

Advertisements

Came across some fast food stats.
New Survey Lists the States and US Cities Where Fast Food Restaurants Are the Most Popular - The News Wheel
What are the most common fast food places in your area? Which is your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

2,276 posts, read 924,043 times
Interesting.

I'm not a big fast food person since I am vegetarian and of course vegetarian offerings are pretty slim at most of these places but when I want to eat some junk I am all about Taco Bell

The most common fast food places here around Erie are McDonald's in Erie itself and in the 'burbs Subway is pretty big. There are plenty of different fast food options here.

Still, it kind of pales here compared to Bowling Green, KY. That place seems to have a chain/fast food restaurant every 20 feet...

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

320 posts, read 75,796 times
I didn't realize there are now more Subways than McD's. I'm a huge fan of Subway because I love fresh vegetables. You can even order a sandwich as a "bowl", instead, minus any bread at all, for an extra charge. I haven't tried that yet.

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

28,146 posts, read 2,192,400 times
I don't know, I only eat it every couple of years, & then it's on a road trip. We have all the main ones, in our small town. My neighbor gets taco bell several times a week.

Old Today, 04:41 AM

659 posts, read 138,994 times
Pick any major road and within a mile or two, you'll pass all of them. I usually go for the sandwich/sub places if I eat lunch. Jersey Mikes, Jon Smiths or a deli like Pickle Barrel. There are a few Primanti Brothers around, but I won't eat there, don't like fries on my sandwiches. There are a few food trucks that people rave about, but I haven't tried any of them. There is one BBQ place that I'll eat at, the Georgia Pig. Haven't found any other local "Q" joints that are even close to what I make at home.

Last edited by Dogboa; Today at 04:59 AM..

Old Today, 04:53 AM

69,267 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Always enjoy reading these articles but am not sure how accurate they are. Heck, we eat out rarely and it is even rarer for us to eat at a fast food restaurant unless you consider the average chain "fast food" which many of us do. I am talking places like Chilis, Red Robin, etc. We do stop for a sandwich or salad when we have a long day away from home. We are more likely going to choose a local mom and pop place. Almost never do we eat at Micky D, Subway or Wendy's. We do like a Whopper about once a year. Now if we still lived in IN N Out states we would eat them, probably once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or