U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 09:00 AM

51,364 posts, read 50,627,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
IMO, I could handle the tuna, but adding peas to Mac N Cheese is blasphemy! LOL

The only thing I put peas in is homemade vegetable soup or meat pies so the texture and flavor of peas aren't prevalent.
Oh no, I used to put peas and onions in mine all the time! It's purdy, too.

I love peas, though. I used to make a bowl of peas with butter, salt, and pepper just for a snack.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:23 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,416,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
When I lived in Connecticut, we'd go to a nearby restaurant that served this dish of deliciousness: Ziti baked in a Cheddar, Swiss & Gruyere sauce and topped with seasoned crumbs. We loved that the noodles were vertical too.

That said, I love the stuff from the box. The original kind -- not the different shapes, different cheese, whatever. It has to be the elbows with the orange powder. Yum.

I love your dog story. SO SWEET! Dogs are the best people.
That picture you posted gives me the creeps! And I don't even have fear of holes - trypophobia.

https://omgfacts.com/trypophobia-is-...bably-have-it/

And to the OP - yes! Your dog licking the tv sounds adorable!

Peas and tuna in macaroni and cheese is not something I would ever eat.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

34,655 posts, read 42,807,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I know it's beloved by many. But I am not one.

I made homemade mac and cheese tonight, and I would not trade it for that orange stuff for anythging.

If you want quick mac and cheese, Annie's is better than Kraft, for my money.
I just tried Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. Itís meant to be baked, but you do t have to. I thought it was way better than Kraft, but hubby did not.

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

17,770 posts, read 3,584,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just tried Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. It’s meant to be baked, but you do t have to. I thought it was way better than Kraft, but hubby did not.

Can't eat those with dried cheese powder. I've tried others, in a pinch, that has the sauce ready made in a package. It's quick but still...not equal to homemade.

I make homemade with very sharp cheddar...and a little parm tossd in...best comfort food of all.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

1,469 posts, read 923,745 times
That's cute that your dog licked the tv when he saw your favorite kraft mac & cheese.

I've eaten it plain a few times Peas sound like a good addition. Could never eat fish with cheese though.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

22,764 posts, read 21,813,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
The trick to getting real cheese to stick to mac and cheese is to add cream cheese to the hard cheese. It forms a creamy cheese that oozes and melts right in
Or heavy cream.

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

22,764 posts, read 21,813,668 times
Quote:
I just tried Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. Itís meant to be baked, but you do t have to. I thought it was way better than Kraft, but hubby did not.
I thought it was OK, edible. My husband was the one who bought the Kraft stuff. His mother didn't make mac and cheese, and I guess that was his only outlet.

Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM

2,090 posts, read 932,424 times
Quote:
I've had it a couple of times, and it's quite good. It's certainly not from a boxed mix. Pretty heavy on the grease, but that's to be expected.

Old Today, 03:27 AM

684 posts, read 143,567 times
I'm thinking of mac and cheese using caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese and adding some Gewurztraminer to the cheese sauce. French onion "soup" mac and cheese.

Old Today, 07:22 AM

8,851 posts, read 8,186,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
I'm thinking of mac and cheese using caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese and adding some Gewurztraminer to the cheese sauce. French onion "soup" mac and cheese.
I would use a less sweet white wine if I were to add wine, which I occasionally used to do when making Mornay sauce for Devonshires. I used crabmeat, btw, not turkey.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...original-42848

Last edited by jay5835; Today at 07:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or