U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

3,296 posts, read 2,183,436 times

Advertisements

We are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for about 10 police officers and their families. We have a master list of who is cooking what (just as many men as women are cooking). I am one of the people bringing stuffing (I'm making 3 kinds), 2 honey baked hams, and 5 pies. I am flying to Dubai on business the day after Thanksgiving but at least my husband will be able to come with me for the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

18,890 posts, read 12,498,870 times
I think that is fine for a vegetarian or vegan to post in this thread. The subject after all, is who is not cooking for Thanksgiving. Even vegans celebrate Thanksgiving, I think.

The problem with the “dead bird” post is with the superior attitude shown. I am not over on the vegetarian site posting smart comments about vegans or vegetarians. I figure, to each their own. This topic is about Thanksgiving, gratitude, family ties, tradition. This should be a no snark zone.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

8,842 posts, read 8,178,280 times
I'm going out for an afternoon buffet with two friends. Turkey and salmon, and lots and lots of side dishes. Desserts include Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cake, Chocolate & Strawberry Flourless Cake, White Chocolate Bread Pudding, and Assorted Cookies.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

28,367 posts, read 2,208,837 times
I will not be cooking. We may go to a friends house, she mentioned it a few weeks ago, but has not updated me, she has early alzheimers, so I am hesitant to bring it up. If we don't go there, we will go to the local diner.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

2,615 posts, read 1,117,883 times
Previous years, we've done the family thing at my sister's who likes to entertain. Last year, just our neighbors down at the gazebo and we all shared a traditional dinner. There are turkeys here, but they are not common, so quite expensive. The chickens however, are humungous! Pumpkin, stuffing and cranberry are not endemic here either. But we get by.

This year, we'll be in the Galapagos, so no idea what the fare will be there!

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

666 posts, read 142,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Previous years, we've done the family thing at my sister's who likes to entertain. Last year, just our neighbors down at the gazebo and we all shared a traditional dinner. There are turkeys here, but they are not common, so quite expensive. The chickens however, are humungous! Pumpkin, stuffing and cranberry are not endemic here either. But we get by.

This year, we'll be in the Galapagos, so no idea what the fare will be there!
Marine iguanas! just joking.

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

6,481 posts, read 9,814,332 times
We will be in Jamaica. No turkey for us.

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

17,585 posts, read 3,567,272 times
I won't be cooking.

...but I'll remember all the Thanksgivings that I did...
and
be happy it's not this year.

Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

18,890 posts, read 12,498,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I won't be cooking.

...but I'll remember all the Thanksgivings that I did...
and
be happy it's not this year.
Oh boy, do I get it!

Have a Happy Day!

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

7,861 posts, read 10,158,141 times
Gonna get a Chicken Breast stuffed w/ Feta Cheese & Spinach at Sprout's along w/ maybe a few sides. Maybe Apple Turnovers w/ Whipped Cream for Dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or