U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 02:48 PM

2,148 posts, read 498,839 times

Advertisements

I have a large plastic bowl of spaghetti. I want to eat it, but it is cold.

Mom's not home, so. How long do I heat it up for?

I do have a microwave. it is a.. Let me look, it is a "GE Sensor Microwave Oven DE68-00307A"

Old 11-03-2018, 04:06 PM

8,149 posts, read 4,000,099 times
I would put it in a microwavable bowl (it's not good to heat food in some plastics). Then put it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, and microwave for another minute. If it's not warm enough, keep trying at 30 second intervals until it's as warm as you want it.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:39 PM

13,756 posts, read 22,977,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I have a large plastic bowl of spaghetti. I want to eat it, but it is cold.

Mom's not home, so. How long do I heat it up for?

Personally, I would boil water and drop it in for a minute or two assuming that the spaghetti was been cooked. That is the way a lot of restaurants cook it.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:48 PM

2,329 posts, read 1,556,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Personally, I would boil water and drop it in for a minute or two assuming that the spaghetti was been cooked. That is the way a lot of restaurants cook it.
^^ this as long as it does not already have sauce added to it. If it does have a sauce I would add a small amount of water (maybe a teaspoon per serving) and heat it in the microwave as noted in previous post.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:08 PM

2,148 posts, read 498,839 times
Yes... Something about how the water makes steam and makes it all nice?

Old 11-03-2018, 06:58 PM

16,987 posts, read 19,833,735 times
2-3 minutes in the microwave. Is this s serious question? LOL

Old 11-03-2018, 07:36 PM

1,363 posts, read 1,257,232 times
First, allow the spaghetti you want to reheat to come to room temperature.

If it has sauce on it already, heat a saute pan (medium to medium high) and put some olive oil (a tablespoon or two) into the hot pan, then put in whatever amount of the leftover spaghetti you plan to eat and heat it until it reaches the temperature you consider suitable for eating. Toss the spaghetti with tongs or fork while it is heating.

If it does not have sauce on it already, heat the saute pan without olive oil, heat the sauce in the pan, then put the spaghetti into the hot sauce to heat to whatever temperature you want it to be. (Again, toss with tongs or fork while heating.) Test suitability of temp by tasting.

Easy peasy.

Heating in the microwave will cause the water in the spaghetti to turn to steam and continue to cook the spaghetti, causing it to become very squishy and unpleasant. Heating already cooked spaghetti (without sauce) for only a few seconds in boiling water likely would not alter the texture much, but any longer than a few seconds almost certainly will cause the spaghetti to become more squishy, so why take the chance?

Heating sauced spaghetti in a dry pan transfers heat while causing very little additional cooking of the pasta to take place, likewise with heating spaghetti in a thin layer of hot sauce in a saute pan.

If you're not concerned about making the pasta unpalatably squishy, just put your preferred serving size in a microwavable bowl and heat it on high for about a minute, then taste it. If it needs to be warmer, head in 30-second increments until it is as hot as you want it.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:48 PM

7,078 posts, read 2,752,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
First, allow the spaghetti you want to reheat to come to room temperature.

If it has sauce on it already, heat a saute pan (medium to medium high) and put some olive oil (a tablespoon or two) into the hot pan, then put in whatever amount of the leftover spaghetti you plan to eat and heat it until it reaches the temperature you consider suitable for eating. Toss the spaghetti with tongs or fork while it is heating.

If it does not have sauce on it already, heat the saute pan without olive oil, heat the sauce in the pan, then put the spaghetti into the hot sauce to heat to whatever temperature you want it to be. (Again, toss with tongs or fork while heating.) Test suitability of temp by tasting.

Easy peasy.

Heating in the microwave will cause the water in the spaghetti to turn to steam and continue to cook the spaghetti, causing it to become very squishy and unpleasant. Heating already cooked spaghetti (without sauce) for only a few seconds in boiling water likely would not alter the texture much, but any longer than a few seconds almost certainly will cause the spaghetti to become more squishy, so why take the chance?

Heating sauced spaghetti in a dry pan transfers heat while causing very little additional cooking of the pasta to take place, likewise with heating spaghetti in a thin layer of hot sauce in a saute pan.

If you're not concerned about making the pasta unpalatably squishy, just put your preferred serving size in a microwavable bowl and heat it on high for about a minute, then taste it. If it needs to be warmer, head in 30-second increments until it is as hot as you want it.
Is this a joke?

OP, I'm sure you've solved this already, but try 30 seconds in the microwave, and stick your finger in it. If it requires more, another 20 seconds. Until it's warm. Enjoy!

Old 11-03-2018, 09:19 PM

1,457 posts, read 454,246 times
LOL. Buck up, dude... eat it cold. In the future, google is your friend.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:24 PM

1,363 posts, read 1,257,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is this a joke?

OP, I'm sure you've solved this already, but try 30 seconds in the microwave, and stick your finger in it. If it requires more, another 20 seconds. Until it's warm. Enjoy!

No, dear. It's not a joke. It's how to avoid overcooking already cooked pasta. Microwaving or boiling already cooked pasta will take it beyond al dente. Some people prefer al dente pasta and find pasta cooked beyond that point to be unpalatable. But bless your heart, if you like overcooked pasta, by all means reheat it any way you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or