U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 04:38 PM

11,136 posts, read 6,621,324 times

Advertisements

While not in the ice cream aisle, I did try Dairy Queen's seasonal snicker-doodle cookie dough ice cream. It is cinnamon ice cream with the snicker-doodle cookie dough. It was excellent.

I looked for the Talenti apple pie, but they only had the pumpkin pie flavor at the store. None of the other brands had any good seasonal ice creams that I wanted to try. Blue Bunny did have a cinnamon ice cream, but for some reason it was excluded from the current sale on Blue Bunny ice cream. I guess I'm cheap, but I didn't want to pay an extra $2 for cinnamon.

Turkey Hill had a caramel hot chocolate, but the "hot" in "hot chocolate" was because it was a spicy caramel. I like spicy foods, but for ice cream? I wasn't sure... Anyone try this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 06:48 PM

16,962 posts, read 19,737,674 times
I remember once having egg nog Ice cream. I haven't looked for it but I remember it was tasty.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:48 PM

4,620 posts, read 6,136,152 times
I have been surprised that Safeway's generic brand of ice cream makes a very delicious Pumpkin Pie ice cream... what makes it really good is they add little bits of pie crust in it.

Also.. not sure if its out yet... but Trader Joe's has a Pecan Pie ice cream that tastes like eating little bites of very cold pecan pie. Its delicious.

I need to look for those Talenti holiday flavors - I'm currently finishing off a carton of Coconut Chocolate Almond which is my favorite flavor of theirs - tastes like Almond Joy bars.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:11 PM

747 posts, read 628,184 times
I just bought 2 big old containers of Bluebell's Peppermint Bark and Pecan Pralines and Cream. I know the pecan one isn't exactly seasonal but since I eat pecans mostly in the colder months I figured it qualifies! LOL!

I've also heard some buzz about Bluebell's Christmas Cookies coming to stores very soon and this is the description for it: The holiday-inspired fan-favorite combines chocolate chip, snickerdoodle and sugar cookies with a sugar cookie-flavored ice cream, red sprinkles and a green icing swirl.

Sounds almost too sweet for me but I'm willing to give it a try!

Old 11-06-2018, 10:41 PM

14,343 posts, read 17,571,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I don't have Lidl - I was going to say my fav. around Christmas is the peppermint - I can't always find it though (it has bits of candy cane in it) - if anyone remember Howard Johnson's restaurants? they used to see it - for a brief time Baskin Robbins did (not sure if they still do, I have been in one in many yrs.) - hoping the store that used to have it under their own label will this year too.
Howard Johnson's!!!! When I was a kid, we were allowed to pick where and what we wanted for dinner. Every single year, my choice was Lobster Cantonese at Wayne Wongs Chinese restaurant followed by dessert at HoJo's of peppermint stick ice cream. I used to save the Big round pieces of peppermint candy the size of a pea to eat later.

Damn I miss that stuff.

Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM

1,325 posts, read 475,893 times
Haagen Daz peppermint bark is excellent, should be here sometime in December.

I think Trader Joes had a pumpkin ice cream that was pretty good too.

Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Haagen Daz peppermint bark is excellent, should be here sometime in December.
I started seeing it in Pittsburgh last month.

Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM

1,325 posts, read 475,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I started seeing it in Pittsburgh last month.

Have you tried it?

Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

Have you tried it?
Not yet. Sadly, I can't eat ice cream anymore the way I used to. I now just look at it longingly in my grocer's freezer, not buying any 95% of the time.

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM

17,641 posts, read 21,829,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One thing I love about the holidays is they roll out some seasonal items, specifically, ice cream! Ice cream is one of my four major food groups (the others are cheese, bacon, and sushi). So today I picked up a seasonal four-pack of Talenti gelato that includes pumpkin pie, caramel apple pie, eggnog, and peppermint bark. Just tried the pumpkin pie and it is delicious - smooth, perfect balance of pie spices, and little bits of crust.

Has anyone else found something new in the ice cream aisle?
I love many of the seasonal ice creams! Eggnog, pumpkin, and peppermint bark are favorites.
Have not had caramel apple, but I love that combo so I will be looking for it.

What brands does everyone think are best?

I can never understand why Christmas ice cream goes on sale after New Years. It still tastes good in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or