U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

4,863 posts, read 3,730,422 times

Advertisements

Seeing my son who lives across the country.
Eating turkey someone else has prepared.
Eating the pumpkin mousse I've prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

2,865 posts, read 6,266,774 times
My father-in-law's cornbread dressing. Not necessarily my Father-in-law, but definitely his dressing!

Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

10,202 posts, read 16,762,277 times
Mashed potatoes and gravy, the avocado-pomegranate green salad I posted about, and getting together with my relatives. My husband is looking forward to it being over.

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,194,251 times
Two friends and I will share a schmancy buffet at a nice restaurant. I look forward to having both salmon and turkey as a main course. My favorite Thanksgiving things are stuffing, cranberries, gravy and mashed potatoes. You can keep the sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.

Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

506 posts, read 200,670 times
Not having to go to work.

All of the delicious food is merely a bonus.

Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM

13,148 posts, read 17,699,789 times
no family here this year/ we hosted my son and his family last year and then he swung the in laws on us from Pennsylvania and what a night mare that woman was and we try and avoid the holidays with those people . apparently my daughter in law wants to go to Pennsylvania for both thanksgiving and Christmas and they can have it . Hubs and I will go to a restaurant and then come home and forget about it and let the day pass . so spending the day resting yeah .

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

2,145 posts, read 2,808,060 times
1. Having my whole family gather together at my house this year.

2. Great food, but especially scalloped oysters and stuffing.

3. Gateway to Christmas.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,950,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Seeing my son who lives across the country.
Eating turkey someone else has prepared.
Eating the pumpkin mousse I've prepared.
Can you share your pumpkin mousse recipe? Pretty please?

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

34,712 posts, read 42,854,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
The after dinner sandwich, piled high with smoked turkey, dressing and cranberry jelly.
Me too, and a bit of mayo.

I actually like the leftovers the next day the best. All the goodness, none of the work.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

41,137 posts, read 32,829,251 times
Last year we traveled and ate other peoples' food. This year we're hosting a big Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixin's here for about ten people - eight family members plus my husband and myself.

My daughter and I like to have a little theme going though we want traditional food. This year we decided on a "Midcentury Modern" theme. So we're throwing in a few "midcentury" side dishes - for instance, green bean casserole (which her husband loves), Watergate salad (which my husband loves) and I just ordered a vintage Jello mold from eBay and I'm going to make a cranberry/cherry fancy schmancy Jello thingie! Yay! I also just put together a great playlist of songs from that era - Henry Mancini, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Frankie Valley, Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, you name it - I even found some 1960s TV show themes - Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Hawaii 5-0 among others. WOOHOOOO!!! We have some vintage aprons and we'll wear them too! I am going to print off and frame that Norman Rockwell painting of Thanksgiving dinner and put it somewhere in the kitchen or dining room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or