U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM

3,013 posts, read 1,820,790 times

Advertisements

Stuffing for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM

1,470 posts, read 925,109 times
Yes, stuffing.

Old Today, 12:48 AM

11,423 posts, read 5,894,629 times
I would be happy with mashed carrots & turnip and a pile of chestnut stuffing with gravy and cranberry sauce.

Old Today, 03:36 AM

688 posts, read 146,237 times
The after dinner sandwich, piled high with smoked turkey, dressing and cranberry jelly.

Old Today, 03:51 AM

14,339 posts, read 17,561,906 times
Not making anything but a side dish.

Old Today, 05:38 AM

753 posts, read 1,066,040 times
My family has made a potato and onion dish called Dressing for years, which is my favorite. Sautéed onions, potatoes, garlic and a lot of sage, it's amazing but this dish causes an after Thanksgiving tradition as well called the "rumble guts". I'll just have to make sure I bring my dish and the Beeno!

Old Today, 05:45 AM

2,316 posts, read 1,534,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
The after dinner sandwich, piled high with smoked turkey, dressing and cranberry jelly.
Yep. And a couple of bread and butter pickle spears on the side.

Also a piece of pecan pie with about a pint of whipped cream on top.

Old Today, 05:58 AM

69,411 posts, read 79,618,227 times
wow, most of all I look forward to getting together with our extended family and I don't have to have them here. we go to my granddaughters. Second: taking home left overs: always fun and third I guess the stuffing which is something we rarely have any other time of the year: also love mashed potatoes and love cranberry salad.

Old Today, 06:28 AM

3,305 posts, read 1,847,327 times
Usually we host a large dinner, 25+. I decided I just don't want to do it. Instead, for the first time ever, we are going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving. My most important requirement was they had to serve Indian pudding. I haven't had it since I was a child. I can not wait to see if it is as wonderful as I remember. I did find a place that still had openings and served the pudding! http://www.durginparkrestaurant.com/ Finding a place with open an reservation was quite difficult actually.

Anywho every other year it is the stuffing I look forward to. In the past though I usually do not even get a chance to sit down for dinner though.

Old Today, 06:41 AM

4,297 posts, read 6,426,311 times
Surviving the "family" part/getting to the OTHER side of that dreadful day. If I'm Really lucky, I'll manage to skip the food poisoning this year (pretty much I don't eat anything I don't prepare, too many years spent praying to the porcelain god).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or