U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:28 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,000,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Care to elaborate?
That's funny I must have hit send too soon

I just don't find it practical to cook for a family, at least the size fryer I have. Maybe it will cook one part of the meal but then I still end up cooking the rest in the oven or stove

I find it tricky and annoying to clean. I find that I can do everything it does with the appliances I already have in an easier way. Takes up a lot of space on my counter or cabinet

I'll probably find a new home for it soon. It's just one of those appliances that didn't work out for us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 04:43 PM

7,879 posts, read 5,460,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
And the fries taste like plastic.

No chef of any merit endorses air fryers. Take that as an indicator.
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Let's see:

Eric Theiss (modern day Ron Popeil)
Emeril Lagasse
Gordon Ramsay
Wolfgang Puck
Meredith Laurence
Cat Cora
Paula Deen
Rachael Ray

Beat me to it.

And no, the fries don't taste like plastic. They taste like baked "french fries," only crispier.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:21 PM

114,069 posts, read 52,605,226 times
Cleaning is the only mark against air fryers to us. Though not really that big a deal. We have 2 for a couple years now and love them.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:24 PM

27,635 posts, read 11,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
And the fries taste like plastic.

No chef of any merit endorses air fryers. Take that as an indicator.
You're right! anything you cook in it tastes like plastic. I used it 3 or 4 times and took it back, it was one of my worst kitchen gadget purchases

Old 11-15-2018, 07:32 PM

7,879 posts, read 5,460,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Cleaning is the only mark against air fryers to us. Though not really that big a deal. We have 2 for a couple years now and love them.
I've always just put the bottom pieces in the dishwasher...

Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 PM

114,069 posts, read 52,605,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I've always just put the bottom pieces in the dishwasher...
We usually set the basket in the bottom piece filled with hot soapy water. Let it soak a while and then rub basket screen with a plastic scrubby thing. We no longer have a dish washer or that's what we'd do as well.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:02 AM

69,668 posts, read 80,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
That's funny I must have hit send too soon

I just don't find it practical to cook for a family, at least the size fryer I have. Maybe it will cook one part of the meal but then I still end up cooking the rest in the oven or stove

I find it tricky and annoying to clean. I find that I can do everything it does with the appliances I already have in an easier way. Takes up a lot of space on my counter or cabinet

I'll probably find a new home for it soon. It's just one of those appliances that didn't work out for us
too small I can understands but most of us don't cook the entire meal in one. That would be different. As for hard to clean, I can't imagine why anyone would say it is hard to clean. I think is one of the easiest small appliances to clean I have ever used. Yes they do take up space, that can not be denied. I do wonder when you say, you can do anything we the appliances you already have, what do you have that will cook things like french fries is 10 minutes without using oil? I don't mean frozen fries, but freshly cut ones. In fact on think we love about ours is the no need for so many appliances.

It is interesting how we all see things in a different light. There is no right or wrong to the question of air fryers or other appliances but I think it should be made clear what are the honest pros and cons about anything. I would stand in line to take yours off your hands, but if it is too small it wouldn't work or us either We have the smaller one, a 3.7 liter.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:06 AM

69,668 posts, read 80,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
We usually set the basket in the bottom piece filled with hot soapy water. Let it soak a while and then rub basket screen with a plastic scrubby thing. We no longer have a dish washer or that's what we'd do as well.
We normally do like you, put it in the sink with hot water and soap.. We clean it the next morning and it sin't hard to do at all or for us it isn't hard. Of course I have to admit, normally it is spoiled brat that does the cleaning of it. The biggest problem we have had is making sure we get it dry. Otherwise it will rust a bit. The rust comes out, but still don't like it.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:40 AM

1,746 posts, read 602,972 times
We were gonna get one for our home but decided against it.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:51 PM

11,900 posts, read 16,620,610 times
Air fryer, toaster, convection oven, all metal, in use every day. Nothing like fresh tortilla chips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink