U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:00 PM

3,818 posts, read 7,295,245 times

Advertisements

I bought my fourth air fryer a few days ago. The two I have still work, but as I mentioned previously, the non stick coating is gone. The round design with the food basket inside a container doesn't leave much room for food. The one I just bought have a square/rectangular design that seems to have more room for food.

Foods cooked with little or without oil won't be as tasty as greasy foods. So air fries won't taste like french fries for sure. But that is a matter of personal taste. After having adjusted to eating non-greasy foods, I find the taste more preferable to the greasy varieties.

My new air fryer is coming.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/modernho...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 07:32 AM

69,709 posts, read 80,059,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I bought my fourth air fryer a few days ago. The two I have still work, but as I mentioned previously, the non stick coating is gone. The round design with the food basket inside a container doesn't leave much room for food. The one I just bought have a square/rectangular design that seems to have more room for food.

Foods cooked with little or without oil won't be as tasty as greasy foods. So air fries won't taste like french fries for sure. But that is a matter of personal taste. After having adjusted to eating non-greasy foods, I find the taste more preferable to the greasy varieties.

I agree about the lack of space in the rounds ones, especially if they are the smaller sized ones. So far, 2 years and our non stick coating hasn't failed us, but there are a couple places where it is almost gone. That is why I asked for a new one for Christmas or the multi pan.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:58 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,003,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
too small I can understands but most of us don't cook the entire meal in one. That would be different. As for hard to clean, I can't imagine why anyone would say it is hard to clean. I think is one of the easiest small appliances to clean I have ever used. Yes they do take up space, that can not be denied. I do wonder when you say, you can do anything we the appliances you already have, what do you have that will cook things like french fries is 10 minutes without using oil? I don't mean frozen fries, but freshly cut ones. In fact on think we love about ours is the no need for so many appliances. .
The things I have cooked in it I can make in a conventional way, and it ends up being just as tasty and convenient.

I originally bought it because I was on a extremely low-sodium diet and many of the groups I was in never stopped talking about their air fryers. They claimed it help with the flavor and texture, but I didn't find that to be true either, for me

Old 11-17-2018, 08:25 AM

11,931 posts, read 16,631,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Cuisinart air fryer/toaster oven - no non-stick coating.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:17 PM

19,242 posts, read 12,718,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Cuisinart air fryer/toaster oven - no non-stick coating.
Do you like yours? Which model did yoy buy?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:32 PM

11,931 posts, read 16,631,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Do you like yours? Which model did yoy buy?
Pls just google it. I am on IPad right now. Runs around 199 or so. The Cuisinart with toaster oven/toaster. The first one is almost two years old. Corn bread, muffins, baked chicken, ... and the air fry side of it.

Right now two flour tortillas with a bit of olive oil and home made chili powder rolled around a bit of Pepper Jack and Sriracha to dip. Three minutes start to plate. Kitchen counter appetizer for two while I am cotton surfing aka ironing.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:06 PM

28,243 posts, read 17,969,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
LOL

Your posts on the dinner thread are what mainly got me intrigued. Bacon? You can cook bacon? I haven't eaten bacon in years because I hate cleaning up the spatter off the entire stovetop and adjoining counter and often the floor too.
Bake it. Super easy, comes out perfect
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-17-2018, 06:09 PM

149 posts, read 41,189 times
I have reduced my consumption of deep fried food by about 99% after learning about cancer causing chemicals in reused oil.
It is well documented that fried foods are very bad for your health and as I continue to recover from an illness that nearly took my life I am interested in healthier options. I love fried food as much as anyone else and don't expect an air fryer to make things as good as deep frying but would like to know how close do they come. I would mostly use it for cooking fish, shrimp, squid and veggies, so any comments about air frying those would be appreciated. Switching to a mostly plant based diet has had amazing benefits for me.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:27 PM

28,243 posts, read 17,969,755 times
I was going to get an air fryer until what I read led me to believe it is essentially a convection cooking method. My oven is convection so it didn't "seem" to make much sense.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-17-2018, 11:51 PM

6,161 posts, read 3,380,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I use mine 5-7 times per week I cooked a steak in mine tonight .
ive cooked bacon, turkey pork, eggs wings chicken thighs turkey thighs even a lobster

its essentially a broiler with the element on top... I like mine because its quick easy and very easy clean up...also I use to use the oven a lot with tinfoil....and now im reading tinfoil will kill you.... I can use this with no foil.... and it was only 49 dollars at Walmart..

I got a new instapot too.... todays pressure cooker - the air fryer is dry heat...this is meant for moist... cooking.....for roasts, stew pulled pork ..this was 49 dollars at Walmart too I like it and use them both
I assume you mean aluminum foil and yes, it can kill you...if you make a knife out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdGY4r3A0g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink