U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:47 AM

9,004 posts, read 8,339,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Great book! Every once in a while I borrow my local library's copy to try a new recipe.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to burdell again."

I follow David Lebovitz on Instagram. He's one of the most interesting food people I know of. In today's stories, he opines on shopping for winter produce in his local Paris marché: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsfb7LTATyj/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:45 AM

301 posts, read 54,553 times
Quote:
Well, you could always punish us by sharing the recipe for the cod you made, giving us MORE work to do!
Okay, consider yourself punished, but it's so easy, it's not really a punishment IMO!

Old Today, 09:14 AM

55,466 posts, read 39,165,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post
Okay, consider yourself punished, but it's so easy, it's not really a punishment IMO!

Not feeling the punishment, or recipe yet.

I like cod and would certainly try it, I also like pork with fennel/onions and was just wondering how a tenderloin might get along with a blackberry sauce?

Old Today, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to burdell again."

I follow David Lebovitz on Instagram. He's one of the most interesting food people I know of. In today's stories, he opines on shopping for winter produce in his local Paris marché: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsfb7LTATyj/

Thanks! I don't have an Instagram account but I find he also has a web-site with a recipe archive. I always like browsing thru recipes for things I'd like to try as well as new techniques/ingredients that may transfer to other ideas.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Not feeling the punishment, or recipe yet.

I like cod and would certainly try it, I also like pork with fennel/onions and was just wondering how a tenderloin might get along with a blackberry sauce?
It's under the recipe forum, except titled fish instead of cod since you can use halibut or other as well.

Don't know about tenderloin, never thought about berries with beef. Prolly would go well with pork tenderloin though. Not sure whether you meant beef or pork.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

Quote:
It's under the recipe forum, except titled fish instead of cod since you can use halibut or other as well.
Doh! Time for more coffee.

Quote:
Don't know about tenderloin, never thought about berries with beef. Prolly would go well with pork tenderloin though. Not sure whether you meant beef or pork.
Oh, I was thinking pork all the way, the fennel led me there as it goes so well with pork. I like the idea of the sherry vinegar in the sauce. The wheels are turning, I'm thinking you could also substitute cherries and cherry jam in that sauce recipe and use over duck breast.

Old Today, 09:54 AM

I think the blackberries would go well with duck too, though the cherry sounds good as well. Hmm, I have a couple of duck thighs in the freezer that I was going to confit, maybe not now. Thanks!

Old Today, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I think the blackberries would go well with duck too, though the cherry sounds good as well. Hmm, I have a couple of duck thighs in the freezer that I was going to confit, maybe not now. Thanks!

I was just going to edit my post to say the same.

Old Today, 10:41 AM

4,498 posts, read 2,275,821 times
Does anybody make ice cream using an old-fashioned crank bucket? I did that once a long time ago. The ice cream turned out less homogenous and creamy than parlor ice cream, but it was fresh and really let the fruit shine.

The one we used was a classic wooden one, White Mountain brand I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or