U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 10:27 PM

29,851 posts, read 16,511,197 times

Advertisements

Slice of Trader Joe's meat lasagna
Salad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 PM

14,529 posts, read 4,670,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Similar... leftover stew, no dinner roll, drank Stone Ghost Hammer IPA.

Back to midnight packing... wish I had a pooch to help out.
I like the name of that beer. Will have to try it sometime soon. Good luck with the late night packing.

Tonight's dinner was a turkey burger, sun chips and watermelon slices. Drank Red Stripe beer.

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 PM

18,268 posts, read 22,705,499 times
Potato and mushroom pierogies, slightly crispy and browned with caramelized onions, served with sour cream.

Rainbow salad - beets, cabbage, carrots, pear slices and pumpkin seeds with grainy honey mustard Dijon dressing.

chilled Zywiec beer to drink

Rice pudding with golden raisins and a squirt of whipped cream.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 AM

1,657 posts, read 544,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Tonight potato parathas... pistachio and rosewater.
My dearest, Alm... Since a teen, I've said that I must have been from India in a past life, due to my penchant for Indian food, music, spices, culture, clothing, scents, yoga, art, furniture & reading about religion. Every time I read your posts, my mouth waters. In 2-wks, I'll be moving back to a big city & my b'day is 2-wks later... can't wait to unearth an Indian restaurant & market... hope to be drinking a mango lassi & eating potato naan soon. Oh, & of course, a glass of champagne, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I like the name of that beer. Will have to try it sometime soon. Good luck with the late night packing.
Cheers, ChessG, for your many kind messages. I'm 1/3 done with packing... it's after 7am & I'm still going strong.... won't stop today 'til the last of the duffel bags are filled to the brim & the walk-in closet is empty. Almost...

Stone has a number of good IPA's... my 2 current faves, Hop Revolver & Tangerine Express (which strangely, doesn't taste citrusy). Luckily, here in CO, Costco has a mixed case for $29 (the 3 aforementioned plus Delicious IPA... all wonderful). I don't normally drink & expect to be taking a # with me... but, it's nice to find something so flavorful. Hope you give them a try & enjoy them.

For me, my noisy neighbors have decided my schedule since Oct (one of the many reasons I'm moving), so meals are upside down... eating dinner now at 7:30am... quasi-tacos... beef filling with seasonings & homemade sauce with seasoned lettuce, washed down with a Hop Revolution IPA. Probably followed by an espresso, cuz I've got 3-hrs more of packing to do.

I'm striving to get back to a morning schedule this weekend... depends on the downstairs hoodlums. I dream of tossing rocks through windows... once I get to that point, I know it's time for bed.

In the meantime, I'll just continue with more of the same...

Old 03-16-2019, 07:53 AM

12,713 posts, read 17,298,519 times
SO took half of a cow out oops call that a big steak. Probably a big salad and some of the Parmesan Foccaccia I baked for the freezer yesterday.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:59 AM

755 posts, read 429,990 times
Making a pot of 15 bean soup and a pork stew today. Wish I had thought to pick up a box of honey/wheat bread for the bread machine. Also starting a huge pot of spaghetti sauce for lasagna tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:16 AM

6,466 posts, read 3,470,813 times
Default Grilled shrimp last night

Got the grill out for the first time this season. Our son has been home on spring break so before he heads back, we had a big family grill out. Son and his girlfriend, daughter and her family. Made up a whole passel of grilled shrimp skewers using Kent Rollins adobo marinade. Served with a rice pilaf and peas. Nothing real fancy but great to have the family under one roof and serve him something he doesn't get at school.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 AM

1,059 posts, read 435,137 times
I loved grilled skrimp. Invite me over next time

Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 PM

12,116 posts, read 14,636,408 times
Grilled T-Bone steaks, baked potatoes, and asparagus. Cabernet Sauvignon to drink and chocolate ice cream for dessert. Spring looks like it’s here!!

Old 03-16-2019, 03:45 PM

3,552 posts, read 1,985,025 times
This weekend is the big ski tournament for my twelve year old. We spent all day on the mountain. I am beat! Luckily I pulled the last batch of meatballs and red sauce out of the freezer. I just need to heat it up and cook up some pasta.

PS He won silver in today's race. He lost the gold by 44 hundredth of a second! I am a very proud Mom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or