U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 03:43 PM

6,549 posts, read 7,825,554 times

Advertisements

Looks delicious Jayzz--except for that light beer

We had some hummus and pita for an appetizer of sorts. Dinner was Greek meatballs in Greek tomato sauce and asparagus roasted with olive oil and sea salt. I enjoyed a glass of red wine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 03:50 PM

12,644 posts, read 15,095,286 times
Grilled chicken kabobs, salad and potato salad for tonight. Anchor Steam beer to drink.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:23 PM

11,104 posts, read 17,580,390 times
Magic, Iím jealous of your dinner again.

Dinner is carnitas again - they have this Kingsford brand stuff on clearance at my grocery store and they must have bought a lot so I keep picking one up every week. I got the pork steaks this week too. You just heat it up for 15 minutes and pull it with two forks. It has a $2 coupon inside too. #momLogic

I will serve it with flour tortillas, shredded cabbage, chopped tomato, sour cream, and jalapeŮo hot sauce.

Watermelon wedges

Avocado slices & Gorgonzola with a sprinkle of toasted walnuts and drizzled with honey

Old 03-31-2019, 06:05 PM

518 posts, read 104,590 times
Greek lamb meatballs in orzo with tomato, feta, mint garnish.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:12 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,289,071 times
I felt like comfort food because I am awaiting the results of some blood tests.

I made a creamy French Spring Soup with asparagus, leeks, white rice, baby spinach, baby peas, three large potatoes a garlic clove, vegetable broth and heavy cream, This is an old recipe that I have in my head. The only thing I changed was the addition of the garlic clove. I'm not even sure if it's French.

Salad with frisee, arugula, mandarin orange sections, strawberries, pecans and a raspberry vinaigrette.

DH made an easy banana walnut bread. Lemon balm tea and honey for me.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 PM

6,549 posts, read 7,825,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post
Greek lamb meatballs in orzo with tomato, feta, mint garnish.
It was the night for Greek meatballs. I mixed some lamb and ground beef for the meatballs.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:17 PM

6,339 posts, read 3,593,680 times
It was my birthday today but where I wanted to eat was closed for Sunday so we will be going on Wednesday to a new restaurant about forty-five miles away. The pictures on Trip Advisor look luscious.

So did I want to cook on my birthday? I have some lovely cod fillets and green beans and thought to pick up a couple of twice-baked potatoes but ended up giving in to my annual dirty little secret and DH ran out and brought home a couple of Big Macs and large fries from Mac D's. And we ate all the ketchup we wanted along with it, besides. You couldn't stop us if you tried.

Watched an action movie with Bruce Willis in it on top of all that trashy excess. It'll take me a week to get all that out of my system, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, along with the cut flowers and phone calls from the kids, it was a very satisfying and crudely indulgent birthday.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:47 PM

3,475 posts, read 1,724,372 times
A turkey burger at a local tavern. Happy Birthday, Lodestar!

Old 03-31-2019, 09:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 4,811,011 times
Happy birthday, Lodestar! It's cool to enjoy guilty pleasures on a birthday. Enjoy the Wednesday dinner, too.

On my way back from a nice afternoon spent mostly walking along the coast in Monterey, picked up a takeout veggie pizza (white sauce, mozzarella cheese, spinach, zucchini, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic, red onions and herbs). Drank English Ales Dragon Slayer IPA.

Last edited by chessgeek; 03-31-2019 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-01-2019, 05:21 AM

120,082 posts, read 14,312,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I felt like comfort food because I am awaiting the results of some blood tests.

I made a creamy French Spring Soup with asparagus, leeks, white rice, baby spinach, baby peas, three large potatoes a garlic clove, vegetable broth and heavy cream, This is an old recipe that I have in my head. The only thing I changed was the addition of the garlic clove. I'm not even sure if it's French.

Salad with frisee, arugula, mandarin orange sections, strawberries, pecans and a raspberry vinaigrette.

DH made an easy banana walnut bread. Lemon balm tea and honey for me.
sheena I hope all goes well.Best wishes to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
It was my birthday today but where I wanted to eat was closed for Sunday so we will be going on Wednesday to a new restaurant about forty-five miles away. The pictures on Trip Advisor look luscious.

So did I want to cook on my birthday? I have some lovely cod fillets and green beans and thought to pick up a couple of twice-baked potatoes but ended up giving in to my annual dirty little secret and DH ran out and brought home a couple of Big Macs and large fries from Mac D's. And we ate all the ketchup we wanted along with it, besides. You couldn't stop us if you tried.

Watched an action movie with Bruce Willis in it on top of all that trashy excess. It'll take me a week to get all that out of my system, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, along with the cut flowers and phone calls from the kids, it was a very satisfying and crudely indulgent birthday.
A belated happy birthday to you Lodestar.Wishing you all the best for the upcoming year! I hope you enjoyed your special day yesterday

Tonight creamed eggplant curry,for me rice and for the others cilantro chapatis,served with homemade plain yogurt,lassi to drink.For dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit.

Happy April Fools Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or