U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 09:25 PM

30,867 posts, read 19,530,674 times

Advertisements

We ate at a funeral this afternoon, so leftovers in general and an artichoke specifically for me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 09:44 PM

30,075 posts, read 16,660,852 times
Tocino and garlic fried rice from a local Filipino fast food place
Salad

Old 04-06-2019, 11:22 PM

14,819 posts, read 4,736,727 times
Picked up some Mexican food from a nearby taqueria (takeout) at halftime of the 2nd semi-final NCAA basketball game: a pork al pastor taco and a chicken burrito. Also ate honeydew slices from the fridge. Drank Modelo Negra beer.

Last edited by chessgeek; 04-06-2019 at 11:32 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 05:18 AM

71,406 posts, read 82,846,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Picked up some Mexican food from a nearby taqueria (takeout) at halftime of the 2nd semi-final NCAA basketball game: a pork al pastor taco and a chicken burrito. Also ate honeydew slices from the fridge. Drank Modelo Negra beer.
so did the teams you routed for win? Mine did. Our son in law is a Tech alum. We are thrilled. I fell asleep before the second game was over.

Tonight for dinner: lamb chops regardless of the weather. If it is raining I will do them inside. Also potatoes, salad and brussel sprouts. We were going to have the chops last night but had brats instead.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:20 AM

4,002 posts, read 4,801,661 times
My sausage guy at the farmer's market this week had turkey drumsticks that he had left in original shape but deboned except for a little handle at the end, and filled the cavity with a turkey cranberry sausage and trussed back up to look like a turkey leg again and cooked off. I'm going to heat that up, slice it like a roast, and serve with roasted sweet potatoes and something green, probably steamed broccoli with lemon

Old 04-07-2019, 08:48 AM

3,604 posts, read 2,024,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
My sausage guy at the farmer's market this week had turkey drumsticks that he had left in original shape but deboned except for a little handle at the end, and filled the cavity with a turkey cranberry sausage and trussed back up to look like a turkey leg again and cooked off. I'm going to heat that up, slice it like a roast, and serve with roasted sweet potatoes and something green, probably steamed broccoli with lemon
That sounds divine!

Tonight grilled bratwurst, cabbage pierogies and a nice salad.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 AM

7,123 posts, read 12,477,473 times
Default another early early dinner ...

Nutty schedule again (or should I say "still" ).

I made it to Hannaford just after they opened this morning so replenished my veggie supply ...

... which allowed me to stir-fry carrots, green beans, onions, grape tomatoes, asparagus, snow peas, and mushrooms. They were FANTASTIC, maybe especially because I've missed them -- have been too crazed or lazy to make them very often lately. Now that I have re-stocked hopefully I will continue my healthy ways!

Oh, with the veggies, I cooked a boneless, skinless chicken wing on the stovetop -- just sprinkled some rosemary-garlic seasoning and some thyme on both sides first. YUM!

Happy Sunday to everyone -- I will be grading exams, about the most fun thing ever. Not.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:29 AM

2,963 posts, read 4,147,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so did the teams you routed for win? Mine did. Our son in law is a Tech alum. We are thrilled. I fell asleep before the second game was over.

Tonight for dinner: lamb chops regardless of the weather. If it is raining I will do them inside. Also potatoes, salad and brussel sprouts. We were going to have the chops last night but had brats instead.
Both teams out of the four that I wanted to win, won. Yay me. It's about the only time my team won during the tournament. Well technically not, "my team" per se. But from what was left of the field. I wanted two teams that have never won the tournament, and i got it.....oh, life is just dandy! Alright, settle down me. Anyway, I got to root for virginia, because they play in the same conference as my team. Plus, I like Tony Bennett. He's a classy coach. As far as the women goes, my team lost: that damn Notre Dame.

Ok, enough of that. Yesterday, I was on the go most of the day, but I did manage to eat fancy. I went to Mc'd's for the quarter pounder meal. Not bragging, just saying.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:52 PM

6,443 posts, read 7,666,580 times
I just put some Polish sausage and sauerkraut in the oven. I like to cook it at a low temperature for at least 1.5 hours. I cooked enough for leftovers tomorrow.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 PM

3,426 posts, read 1,676,722 times
Chickpea meatballs in a roasted pepper sauce, maybe served over farro, and sugar snap peas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or