U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM

12,909 posts, read 17,498,687 times

Advertisements

I will stick a ready to eat ham in the smoker for a bit for hams sandwiches with vegetable soup and ice cream for desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM

3,599 posts, read 2,020,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Do you freeze the meatballs in the sauce or just plop them in bags after they cool or vacuum seal or..?
I love to make big batches and freeze, but I usually just make a meat sauce (Mom's recipe, of course).

We had chicken salad sandwiches again. Damn it's good. I'm going to have to make some more soon.
We freeze the cooked meatballs right in the sauce in freezer bags. I just pull a bag out and defrost. This is our go to, the kids never complain meal. We don't keep them long enough to need a vacuum seal, I hope!

The husband requested my chicken and dumplings. He almost never makes a request so I will grant it. I think I will make a little salad to go with it.

Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,911,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
We freeze the cooked meatballs right in the sauce in freezer bags. I just pull a bag out and defrost. This is our go to, the kids never complain meal. We don't keep them long enough to need a vacuum seal, I hope!

The husband requested my chicken and dumplings. He almost never makes a request so I will grant it. I think I will make a little salad to go with it.
I request my wife's dumplings a lot but I don't always get them.
Her carbonara is to die for though.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

435 posts, read 86,576 times
Chicken smothered in onion gravy over mashies with spinach on the side.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

37,390 posts, read 2,805,628 times
last night a very basic raw spinach,topped with warm mashed, acorn squash & some home made beans. I was not very hungry so it was the right size.

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

3,423 posts, read 1,672,121 times
Added some leftover broccoli when scrambling my eggs and ate it on a slice of toasted dark rye with a slice of Swiss.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

30,824 posts, read 19,490,399 times
I think a spicy chicken and veggie stir fry. I'll velvet the chicken.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,460,499 times
Hi, all. I'm in the UK with my students ... alas, my US phone (which is in airplane mode so i don't come home to a gigantic bill) can't connect to the wifi at the place we're staying, which is a pain in the butt. I bought a UK phone today and took a picture of my dinner, but there is no "send to email" option for the photos (well, there probably IS, but I can't find it! so far I hate the phone ) so no photo.

It tasted great but it was leftovers (in a tupperware-like container) from the "welcome dinner" for our class this past Tuesday night. We went to a Pakistani restaurant and I had lamb, which was fabulous. The leftovers were just as good (although I wish I had some naan to go with them!). But I don't know how to get the photo to my computer ...

London is wonderful but I basically can't walk because of my damaged knee so I am a very sad camper.

Sorry, this is NOT an upbeat post, is it? But the dinner was delicious.

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

71,358 posts, read 82,765,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Hi, all. I'm in the UK with my students ... alas, my US phone (which is in airplane mode so i don't come home to a gigantic bill) can't connect to the wifi at the place we're staying, which is a pain in the butt. I bought a UK phone today and took a picture of my dinner, but there is no "send to email" option for the photos (well, there probably IS, but I can't find it! so far I hate the phone ) so no photo.

It tasted great but it was leftovers (in a tupperware-like container) from the "welcome dinner" for our class this past Tuesday night. We went to a Pakistani restaurant and I had lamb, which was fabulous. The leftovers were just as good (although I wish I had some naan to go with them!). But I don't know how to get the photo to my computer ...

London is wonderful but I basically can't walk because of my damaged knee so I am a very sad camper.

Sorry, this is NOT an upbeat post, is it? But the dinner was delicious.
Karen, I was about to ask you about your knee. I guess we know what you are going to do when you return to the states. Enjoy the rest of your trip as much as you can and keep eating new and interesting foods.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

71,358 posts, read 82,765,906 times
Today is Happy hour evening and I didn't sleep too well last night as well as had a big lunch, so I may just do a pizza. That was my plan in the first place. Then I changed it and now I am back to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or