U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 04:56 AM

3,592 posts, read 2,015,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Congratulations, Cdarocks! Sending you best wishes for an easy delivery!

Tonight will be salmon and asparagus and more leftover birthday cake to negate the rest of the meal's good effects.
Oh sorry this is my fault for a crappy quote job! It is our own little Debsi who will be holding a new bundle of joy very soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 04:56 AM

71,272 posts, read 82,670,033 times
Have a safe and easy delivery. And enjoy those nights when you and baby are up every night for weeks on end. Only kidding.I always thank God for my wonderful kids (all grown, even grand kids are) but i also think of the nights when I never thought I would sleep 8 hours at once.

As for us and dinner, we are still trying to have the Salmon. Yesterday, didn't go as planned but all is ok. By 2pm, we were nowhere near home, spoiled brat was starving so we had to stop for something to eat. i am nt a lunch eater particularly but agree to go to Burger King. We each had a Whopper and split fries. I left stuffed and couldn't even think about dinner. We finally got home about 4pm, then it is put groceries away. By then I simply decided to have nothing for dinner except a small shrimp salad. That was fine with him. We ended up eating about 7pm. All is well and tonight, come HELL Or High water we are having the Salmon.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:23 AM

36,676 posts, read 45,009,110 times
[quote=Debsi;54159049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post

LOL, not a chance, Magic. They've scheduled me to go in next Monday night to start induction if nothing happens before then. I've the feeling I'll be going in Monday...
Debsi. Good wishes coming your way! I’m so excited for you. Hugs!

Right now, I’m feeling like Chinese tonight.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 AM

119,773 posts, read 14,139,967 times
It is bitter cold outside,more snow on the way and I am thinking to make a big pot of vegetarian chili with bean medley,green,yellow,red Bell peppers,Vidalia onions,ginger,garlic,green and red hot chilies and tomatoes.Served with garlic buttered naan and homemade plain yogurt. To drink masala tea.For dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit.

Debsi thinking of you and hoping for a quick and easy labor for you!

Old 01-16-2019, 10:29 AM

3,412 posts, read 1,666,091 times
Zucchini pancakes and slaw to go with the keema that we're still eating from two nights ago.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:57 AM

10,920 posts, read 17,387,843 times
Thanks again for all the good wishes heading our way.

I am thinking tonight to make another Big Salad so I can use up some of the many vegetables in my crisper drawer. Not sure exactly how long I'll be in the hospital as the induction can add a day or two and if you end up with a C-section that can add even more time (please no, please no...).

Romaine, iceberg, red cabbage, mushroom, radish, carrot, and celery. DH may make some hot links too, or maybe I'll do baked potatoes and cottage cheese and green onions.

Last edited by Debsi; 01-16-2019 at 11:23 AM..

Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM

30,743 posts, read 19,439,126 times
I believe I will try a moo shu turkey and try to make the wraps from scratch and sauteed napa cabbage.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Last edited by Mikala43; 01-16-2019 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 12:14 PM

12,274 posts, read 14,790,173 times
Tonight’s dinner:: Shake & Bake chicken wings with added cayenne pepper, green beans, mashed potatoes.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM

3,474 posts, read 2,334,960 times
[quote=Debsi;54159049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post

LOL, not a chance, Magic. They've scheduled me to go in next Monday night to start induction if nothing happens before then. I've the feeling I'll be going in Monday...

Congratulations, Debsi! The best of luck. (Where have I been!!!) I know you will let us know the happy news.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:39 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,442,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Thanks again for all the good wishes heading our way.

I am thinking tonight to make another Big Salad so I can use up some of the many vegetables in my crisper drawer. Not sure exactly how long I'll be in the hospital as the induction can add a day or two and if you end up with a C-section that can add even more time (please no, please no...).

Romaine, iceberg, red cabbage, mushroom, radish, carrot, and celery. DH may make some hot links too, or maybe I'll do baked potatoes and cottage cheese and green onions.

My due date came and went and it didn't look like I was anywhere close to delivery. My doctor called me to schedule an induction for the following Monday and I went into labor that night and had my little one an hour after getting to the hospital. I bet you have your little one this weekend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or