U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

581 posts, read 200,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Tonight Fleischpflanzerl/patties with Sauerkraut and a beer or two.
Just taste and drink testing for our upcoming Oktoberfest.

I have been busy planning for our annual upcoming Oktoberfest.From blue and white decoration to Oktoberfest games and Bavarian music. I asked everyone who has an instrument to bring it.As last year I am hoping to have a live band going for a little while.I will be playing my zither and yodel in harmony with some of my singing partners.As we say Volksmusik is in!

I am planning to make ....
1.Bavarian potato salad https://platedcravings.com/bavarian-potato-salad/
2.Wurstsalat https://www.bayerische-spezialitaete...wurstsalat.php
in English https://www.kitchenstories.com/en/re...-sausage-salad
3.Cucumber and dill salad,red and white radish salad with onion rings,salt/black pepper/sunflower oil,white vinegar
4.Fleischpflanzerl/meat patties with milk,onions,bun,egg,hot mustard,butter,marjoram,salt/black pepper
5.Obatzda https://www.bavaria.by/experiences/f...alties/obazda/
6.Bratkartoffeln/pan fried potatoes
7.Sauerkraut with white wine,onions,apples,caraway,salt/black pepper,cloves
8. Frankfurters,Weisswurst and Gelbwurst,Black Forest ham,smoked ham and sliced Leberkäse
9.Homemade Pretzels and bought Kaiser buns,large slices Bauernbrot
10.Bavarian sweet mustard and Dijon mustard,butter
11 Camembert,Harzer cheese,Allgauer Bergkäse,Rauchkäse/smoked cheese with red and green grapes
To drink......Hacker-Pschorr Münchener Gold,Löwenbräu,Weihenstephaner,Paulaner and Erdinger Weißbier.For digestion if needed Enzian Schnapps
King Ludwig apple Torte with whipping cream and black coffee
Love the menu!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM

16,824 posts, read 27,084,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We will have a steak, some mashed potatoes with cauliflower and a nice simple green salad.
It was subtle, but I think that was an invitation? I wish that I'd seen it yesterday. It sounds delicious.

Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

37,509 posts, read 46,267,127 times
Cheeseburgers and Mac n cheese.

Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,533,729 times
I made a couple of things today. First is beef braised in tomatoes (and a head of garlic, onions, anchovies, tomato paste). I like it to sit for a couple of days, so we'll probably eat that on Saturday with spicy Lebanese roasted potatoes, salad and some crusty bread to soak up the yummy sauce.

For today I made Asian meatballs with sticky orange sauce, rice and roasted vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, carrots and fresh herbs from the garden.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

16,824 posts, read 27,084,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I made a couple of things today. First is beef braised in tomatoes (and a head of garlic, onions, anchovies, tomato paste). I like it to sit for a couple of days, so we'll probably eat that on Saturday with spicy Lebanese roasted potatoes, salad and some crusty bread to soak up the yummy sauce.

For today I made Asian meatballs with sticky orange sauce, rice and roasted vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, carrots and fresh herbs from the garden.
Another subtle invitation, but I appear to be invited to both meals? Fabulous! They both sound absolutely delicious. I'll bring wine and my appetite. And wine. And wine.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

1,938 posts, read 666,362 times
Breaded Baked Chicken & BBQ Ribs w/ steamed broccoli with garlic & oil!
Attached Thumbnails
What’s For Dinner? 2019 Edition-ab244f33-3f5a-46c7-80ab-cbdc4533a476.jpeg   What’s For Dinner? 2019 Edition-fd80310e-1a56-4ccf-9fa5-bb77accef1fd.jpeg  

Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

12,942 posts, read 15,343,821 times
Ordering a pepperoni & mushroom pizza with salad this evening. Cold Coors Light beer to drink.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,533,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Another subtle invitation, but I appear to be invited to both meals? Fabulous! They both sound absolutely delicious. I'll bring wine and my appetite. And wine. And wine.

Absolutely you are. A gorgeous cab sav is needed for the beef. You can bring that and we'll eat in my outdoor screened dining room

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

32,640 posts, read 20,552,524 times
Alm: I'll be on the porch, you can just send the plate out.

I think I will have a Kodiak protein waffle with whole milk yogurt and blueberries.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

11,175 posts, read 17,723,203 times
I had some beautiful pancakes with butter and a loose blackberry jam that came with my eggs Benedict lunch today.

Now I want to eat pancakes and jam again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or