U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 PM

3,576 posts, read 714,265 times

Advertisements

They have awesome coffee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 02:04 PM

1,338 posts, read 855,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post

In the interest of full disclosure, I worked at McDonald's as a youth, so I'm biased towards them.
Me, too. A franchised store back in the '80s.

Back then, it was Egg McMuffins, Big Breakfasts (with sausage and hash brown), Hot Cakes (with sausage) and danish (steamed or cold). They (or at least our store) added biscuits while I was there (favorite shift was biscuit maker for breakfast shift, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. for our store).

Always liked the Egg McMuffins, myself. Never thought much of the coffee then, still do not. But we had regulars who would come through the drive thru daily for coffee, one guy who always ordered "two large coffees in a tray" and nothing else.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:11 PM

1,338 posts, read 855,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post

Agreed muffin is dry. I sometimes need to add more butter, syrup, ketchup, or combinations thereof. Iím generally a fan of greasy food (in moderation, of course), but find their biscuit sandwiches too greasy, even for me.
Can't mention the Egg McMuffin without thinking of Lazlo Toth ...

http://www.celestejheery.com/files/l...c_feb_1974.jpg

http://www.celestejheery.com/files/m...march41974.jpg

http://www.celestejheery.com/files/m...arch131974.jpg

http://www.celestejheery.com/files/m...arch211974.jpg

Old 01-04-2019, 02:57 PM

215 posts, read 61,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
In moderation, pretty much anything is fine.
This exactly. The fact is fast food and "junk" food are the most feasible options for a lot of people with limited time and/or money. Just don't overdo it and you'll be fine.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:03 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,995,059 times
I love Mcdonalds breakfast the best thing they did was breakfast all day.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:04 PM

215 posts, read 61,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
They have awesome coffee!
I think that has to depend on location because the one closest to me has the most terrible, watery mess I've ever had

Old 01-04-2019, 03:11 PM

1,863 posts, read 447,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've never been a big fan of McDonald's burgers and other daytime offerings. However, they're the most convenient stop for me on my way to work now for a fast food breakfast.

They used to offer a chicken biscuit for either $1 or $2, but it was pressed meat. They're now offering a thick cut of all breast meat for $3. In my local area, that's cheaper than Hardee's or Bojangle's for a chicken biscuit.

A McD's sausage biscuit is a buck. For some reason, I find their greasy, fatty sausage patty to be delicious. I'll sometimes sneak one in the mornings with spare change. It's not healthy, but it tastes good.

A couple weeks ago, I headed out to McD's from the office and got a big breakfast with hotcakes/sausage. I threw the biscuit away, ate the hash brown on the way back, and ate the hotcakes/eggs/sausage at the office. It was better than any fast food breakfast I've had in awhile, and only $6 or so with a Diet Coke.

Anyone else fond of a McD's breakfast?
I remember as a kid, on Saturday mornings, going with my dad to McDonald's for a big breakfast (when both the upper and lower shells were styrafoam) and the Minute Maid orange juice in the plastic cup, foil lid, that you poked a special straw through.

Then there was Shoney's breakfast buffet, but that was a different story.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:28 PM

112 posts, read 24,983 times
I miss fast food. I decided to give it up 3+ months ago. I had popeyes on my bday as a treat. other than that i've been good!

i do miss mcd and wendy's a LOT.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:32 PM

14,503 posts, read 7,753,917 times
I haven't had fast food in I don't know how long, but I can tolerate McD's breakfast foods. I prefer to make my own Egg McMuffins with a Thomas's English muffin, egg, ham, and cheese. They taste way better than fast food.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:20 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,091,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Cheap fast food eats is the reason America has an obesity epidemic.
Don't care how thick the meat is or how good the sandwich is, none of their "food" is healthy or good for you.
That's ok, and you don't have to eat it. I don't see anyone here so far saying it's a part of their daily diet.

Also, fast food is certainly a small part of the obesity problem. Only a small part.
That's a topic not food related and better left unsaid here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or