U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 01:35 AM

2,300 posts, read 1,995,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Sorry, can't have a serious conversation about deliciousness of McDonald's breakfast.
I don't find fast food palatable...
Have you ever tried it? Many have this bias against McDonald's until they at least try it just about everything on the breakfast menu is great.

I don't think fast food has that much to do with obesity rates. IMO it has much more to do with the activity level of the individual. I'm an extremely extremely active individual, whenever I go anywhere I get whatever has the most calories as I will burn them off people like me thrive off of the availability of high caloric food . If you wanna know what I mean just google what Olympic swimmers eat, and hint they eat nothing healthy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 01:52 AM

199 posts, read 39,887 times
I’m sorry but McDonald’s breakfast is NASTY, actually not just the breakfast, EVERYTHING about McDonald’s is DISGUSTING. And that goes for all fast food joints not just McD’s.

I would rather stay skinny and starve than eat any type of fast food

Last edited by Cinco Ranch; 01-05-2019 at 02:07 AM..

Old 01-05-2019, 03:59 AM

941 posts, read 547,939 times
steak egg and cheese bagel.....request the eggs be scrambled instead of folded...yes, it's an option they offer..

Old 01-05-2019, 04:54 AM

852 posts, read 188,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Have you ever tried it? Many have this bias against McDonald's until they at least try it just about everything on the breakfast menu is great.

I don't think fast food has that much to do with obesity rates. IMO it has much more to do with the activity level of the individual. I'm an extremely extremely active individual, whenever I go anywhere I get whatever has the most calories as I will burn them off people like me thrive off of the availability of high caloric food . If you wanna know what I mean just google what Olympic swimmers eat, and hint they eat nothing healthy!!
That is what my mother would "cook" for dinner quite often, along with the other burger places like BK Steak house. I choose not to eat at them any more.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:08 AM

4,494 posts, read 4,529,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've never been a big fan of McDonald's burgers and other daytime offerings. However, they're the most convenient stop for me on my way to work now for a fast food breakfast.

They used to offer a chicken biscuit for either $1 or $2, but it was pressed meat. They're now offering a thick cut of all breast meat for $3. In my local area, that's cheaper than Hardee's or Bojangle's for a chicken biscuit.

A McD's sausage biscuit is a buck. For some reason, I find their greasy, fatty sausage patty to be delicious. I'll sometimes sneak one in the mornings with spare change. It's not healthy, but it tastes good.

A couple weeks ago, I headed out to McD's from the office and got a big breakfast with hotcakes/sausage. I threw the biscuit away, ate the hash brown on the way back, and ate the hotcakes/eggs/sausage at the office. It was better than any fast food breakfast I've had in awhile, and only $6 or so with a Diet Coke.

Anyone else fond of a McD's breakfast?
I've actually used them to help me lose weight.

Each day I'd get two side orders of scrambled eggs and two side orders of sausage. I'd just have water to drink.

That's a zero carb breakfast for about $6.

The result: I was never hungry until lunch and I was able to lose 2 pounds per week.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:15 AM

977 posts, read 727,810 times
Yes, I am also occasionally doing a post breakfast snack at McDonalds when I am out running errands. I look forward to it. The 1-2-3 dollar menu offers value if you know how to use it..

---

Just want to add - did BK a few weeks ago. Not thrilled. McDonalds owns breakfast in my neck of the woods.

Don't forget the senior coffee..

Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 AM

3,371 posts, read 1,862,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've never been a big fan of McDonald's burgers and other daytime offerings. However, they're the most convenient stop for me on my way to work now for a fast food breakfast.

They used to offer a chicken biscuit for either $1 or $2, but it was pressed meat. They're now offering a thick cut of all breast meat for $3. In my local area, that's cheaper than Hardee's or Bojangle's for a chicken biscuit.

A McD's sausage biscuit is a buck. For some reason, I find their greasy, fatty sausage patty to be delicious. I'll sometimes sneak one in the mornings with spare change. It's not healthy, but it tastes good.

A couple weeks ago, I headed out to McD's from the office and got a big breakfast with hotcakes/sausage. I threw the biscuit away, ate the hash brown on the way back, and ate the hotcakes/eggs/sausage at the office. It was better than any fast food breakfast I've had in awhile, and only $6 or so with a Diet Coke.

Anyone else fond of a McD's breakfast?
If for some reason I am not able to have breakfast at home before going on my morning commute, I'll have a fast food breakfast. This occurs about once a month or so.

I have noticed that the McDonald's on my way to work have long lines for the drive thru window. If I go to Burger King, the line is much shorter. Because of this, I will go to Burger King instead of McDonald's for breakfast, where food quality and prices are similar. I would perceive the food quality of McDonald's breakfasts to be above Burger King's. However, I'm not willing to wait in a long line at McDonald's for that difference in quality on a weekday morning when I am rushing to get to work.

Almost every other fast food joint on my way to work has shorter lines that McDonald's.

McDonald's Sausage Biscuits and Sausage McMuffins are good.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 AM

13,922 posts, read 29,992,144 times
Their biscuits are pretty greasy. I get a Big Breakfast a few times a year, but I always feel like I’ve gained 5lbs by the time I get up from the table.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:55 AM

3,352 posts, read 621,259 times
Bagel with folded egg(not the fried one) and country/sugarcured/whatever one calls it ham with hash brown. Very good together.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:32 PM

827 posts, read 405,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Cheap fast food eats is the reason America has an obesity epidemic.
Don't care how thick the meat is or how good the sandwich is, none of their "food" is healthy or good for you.
The studies I've seen show fast food has nothing to do with obesity. I'm not going to look for links, but consider that sit-down restaurants serve bigger portions than fast food joints. And you don't have to go out to eat to get fat--my mother was obese and we rarely at out. The book Why We Get Fat shows several obese people, typical of their area, who lived nowhere near a restaurant.

Eating fast food won't necessarily make you fat. An independent film called Fat Head is by a guy who went on a fast-food diet for 30 days, kept his carbs to 100 per day, and lost 12 pounds.

That said, the service at the McDonald's near my house is so bad that it's quicker for me to make sausage, an egg and a cup of coffee at home than it is to go a few blocks and wait on their food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or