U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 AM

20,223 posts, read 13,280,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
During college. I switched to ice coffee, and dropped the sugar (never once had it with milk) after college. Now I drink ice coffee all year round.
I like iced coffee in the summer. That is the only coffee I sweeten. I use a little flavored no sugar coffee syrup in it. Canít remember the first time I did it.

I remember my grandad drinking iced coffee on a hot day, many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 12:17 PM

3,270 posts, read 1,576,175 times
Prob in my 40's. One particular workplace office tended to be cold and there was always a hot caraf of coffee just a few steps away. Before that, I would only have it when hitting the road for a trip following a midnight shift. My body was so unused to it that one cup of black would keep me alert for hours.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:44 PM

13,631 posts, read 24,701,476 times
I didn't start drinking coffee till I was in my 40's. I was in Seattle on a business trip and I was soaked to the skin. It was pouring and I was freezing. I walked up to Starbucks and asked for something that people would like even if they were not big coffee drinkers. She made me something mocha and I have been loving coffee ever since.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:49 PM

12,136 posts, read 8,116,543 times
I've mostly switched to espresso the last few years because the inconsistencies with coffee everywhere. If you go out to McD, Dunkin, Starbucks, etc. All of their coffees are inconsistent but their espresso drinks are pretty consistent because it has to be brewed fresh. I've always get an iced americano or 3 shots of espresso on ice in the morning. If you are disappointed with the quality of coffee then switch to espresso, it costs maybe a little more but has more flavor and aroma than regular coffee.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:55 PM

81 posts, read 32,338 times
I started drinking coffee in my late 20s. I always had to add milk and sugar to it. Tons of sugar. In my early 30s, I embraced coffee with no sugar. Now, I just drink it with half and half or milk. In my mid 30s was when I started drinking coffee in large quantities - more than 2 cups a day.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:57 PM

747 posts, read 273,324 times
I used to have a cup of Earl Grey sometimes to start my day on cold days, but never did like the taste of coffee much. Smells great, though. Then in my mid 40s I worked with a bunch of people who were always running to the coffee shop, and I started getting a sugary latte thingy. Yum. I now have a cup to start the day, with 18% cream and a couple of sweetners, sometimes some sugar free flavoured syrup. I've never bought into the snobby thing of what one must have (or not have) in their coffee. It's a drink, people, have it how you like it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I taught with a woman who would turn her nose up at the gross coffee drinkers, yet had pyramids of Red Bull cans in her office.
I had the opposite problem for years - I like cola drinks (Coke and diet Pepsi being my go-tos), and people would be all horrified and tell me how bad it was for my health. While holding their massive Starbucks sugared, flavoured thing. So I would often just put my can of diet Pepsi in a travel coffee mug. Then they'd leave me alone.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:10 PM

20,223 posts, read 13,280,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
I used to have a cup of Earl Grey sometimes to start my day on cold days, but never did like the taste of coffee much. Smells great, though. Then in my mid 40s I worked with a bunch of people who were always running to the coffee shop, and I started getting a sugary latte thingy. Yum. I now have a cup to start the day, with 18% cream and a couple of sweetners, sometimes some sugar free flavoured syrup. I've never bought into the snobby thing of what one must have (or not have) in their coffee. It's a drink, people, have it how you like it! lol

I had the opposite problem for years - I like cola drinks (Coke and diet Pepsi being my go-tos), and people would be all horrified and tell me how bad it was for my health. While holding their massive Starbucks sugared, flavoured thing. So I would often just put my can of diet Pepsi in a travel coffee mug. Then they'd leave me alone.
You make a good point. Those sugared Starbucks drinks are not healthy, especially when they are consumed daily. Also, they can be expensive.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:40 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,774,041 times
I was pushing 50 before I started drinking it. Even when I worked in Silicon Valley (long days and nights) I never drank it. I would drink a lot of Cokes though. However I always loved the smell of it!

Fast forward a few years and now I can't drink it even though I would love to. I am now trying a routine of tea but it just isn't the same :-(

Old 02-05-2019, 05:05 PM

3 posts, read 418 times
I was actually 12 or 13 when I did. It was an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. My dad decided that I was old enough to have it by then. We were in another city close to where I live when he bought it for me. But until I was 18 or 19, I would only have coffee occasionally as a treat. Now I drink it almost every day, no cream or sugar, because it keeps me awake. I prefer to be while I'm writing my stories, and when I'm at work.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 PM

7,606 posts, read 3,155,482 times
In the Army. Never enjoyed coffee before then. Hit the spot with breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or