U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:45 PM

207 posts, read 114,103 times

Advertisements

I miss me some Steak N Shake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 02:48 PM

2,676 posts, read 2,912,001 times
They are great, aren't they? Good food at low prices.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:37 PM

20,537 posts, read 13,568,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Has anyone ever brought home a milk shake from a restaurant and put it in the freezer? Did it do well? If it helps, the milk shake comes from Steak N Shake and is made with real, old-fashioned ice cream - not the newer soft serve ice cream.

Thank you.

Won't work, been there and done that as kid.

The drink will separate and otherwise congeal into a nasty mess either while it freezes or thaws to a drinkable state.

Freezing a milkshake *might* work if you could flash freeze and keep the thing at stable temps < zero degrees. But this is not possible at home, and worse many modern freezers have automatic defrosting features. This make it hard enough to keep ice cream for long periods much less a milkshake.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 12,892,139 times
We freeze milk shakes, Blizzards from Dairy Queen, and Frosties from Wendy's all the time. Doesn't hurt a thing.
Hazel, I saw where you've heard not to freeze milk. My parents did it for years and I still do from time to time. Tastes the same to me. A friend of my brother used to joke about it with "What's wrong? Haven't you ever heard of ice milk before?" lol
On the Blizzard and Frosty, just don't do like my wife did and forget to take the spoon out. Can't get it out and hard to eat around it.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Won't work, been there and done that as kid.

The drink will separate and otherwise congeal into a nasty mess either while it freezes or thaws to a drinkable state.

Freezing a milkshake *might* work if you could flash freeze and keep the thing at stable temps < zero degrees. But this is not possible at home, and worse many modern freezers have automatic defrosting features. This make it hard enough to keep ice cream for long periods much less a milkshake.

I think you just explained how Edy's does it (or did it)- flash freeze.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:14 AM

I have one in my freezer now - just to test it. Hope I don't forget and leave it in there too long. Some days I want one, some days not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or