Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 04:21 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I have never heard of anyone describing cream cheese as "tangy." Are you referring to a flavored type of cream cheese? I love cream cheese, but I consider it to be a rather mild and bland taste and not at all tangy.

Taste some cream cheese side by side with some mascarpone and you'll notice the cream cheese is definitely tangier.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 04:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,193,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
yup chopped green olives. Very tasty.
Any Rhode Islanders here that can give me RI insite?
Not exactly, I spent every summer on the beach in RI , Masquamacut area...I would say it is a
New England thing, personally.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:38 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,856,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I make a tapenade with those 3 and the oil cured black ones, probably be good on a cream sandwich.
Oil-cured black olives are my crack. I could eat them all day long. Alas, I have none left and tomorrow (I forgot about it today) I will make my first-ever cream cheese and olive sandwich. I will use the green manzanillo ones that I have in the fridge and, as I said yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL
My first thought was that it sounds positively vile... but I love cream cheese... and I love olives... and I will make this sandwich tomorrow... and I will love it... and it will be my new addiction... so, thank you!
I'm super-excited!!! And I won't forget tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:43 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Oil-cured black olives are my crack. I could eat them all day long. Alas, I have none left and tomorrow (I forgot about it today) I will make my first-ever cream cheese and olive sandwich. I will use the green manzanillo ones that I have in the fridge and, as I said yesterday:

I'm super-excited!!! And I won't forget tomorrow.

Definitely tasty little buggers and I consider them essential to a tapenade. Tapenade adds lots of taste to a sandwich. One of my favorites is mesquite smoked turkey, Muenster cheese, roasted red peppers, and tapenade on sourdough bread with Difon mustard, then grilled. Guess I know what I'm buying at the market tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,029,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I agree... AGAIN.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:34 PM

23,866 posts, read 32,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
As a little girl my mom who was from RI used to make me cream cheese and olive sandwiches, I loved them. Years later I went to a ice cream and sandwich place called Newport Creamery also RI based. So I am wondering is the cream cheese and olive a RI thing? It is the only place I have ever seen it sold.

When I took my lunch to school, a frequent favorite was cream cheese and olives on Pepperidge Farm County white. It was one of my favorites.

It was always green olives with pimentos. Beat PB and J in my book.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:02 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,029,974 times
Now I want cream cheese and olives on bakery pumpernickel!!! May have to hit up a bagel shop for breakfast and order a pumpernickel bagel as a quick fix!

Old 03-05-2019, 12:20 AM

914 posts, read 633,481 times
wonder bread with a thin coating of mayo on one slice dotted with pimento stuffed olives is great for a hangover.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 AM

914 posts, read 633,481 times
I read about the pimento cheese and recall my grandmother enjoyed that. I looked for it primarily to see what it tasted like. Can you believe they have it at Whole Foods? It was even more piquant than cream cheese. Still good, you just can't eat too much of it. It was good but being so rich, one cannot eat too much more than a few tastes spread upon a cracker.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:28 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,485,313 times
MMMM, that sounds delish!

I think next time I make my Black and Green Olive Tapenade (if anyone wants the recipe?)which is SO good, I'll try a sandwich with it and cream cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink