U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,850 posts, read 5,742,047 times
Reputation: 30051

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seriously, OP, since you live in NC, it is just a hop, skip, and a jump up to Richmond.

Cheeses from all over the world for the tasting. Every kind of Gouda, Chèvre, cheddar, ... you can imagine.

It is heavenly.


I was just looking at the website...mouth watering!

Also checking into those close to me...there's one relatively close...would love to watch cheese being made etc.
Wish I had gone to cheese school if there's such a thing. I have books but of course it's not the same....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2019, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,850 posts, read 5,742,047 times
Reputation: 30051
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No. Because anything after that would be a letdown.


LOL....you are right, I'd likely get teary when time to leave the festival...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,850 posts, read 5,742,047 times
Reputation: 30051
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Still looking for someone who has attended cheese festivals...? The one I had hoped to go to is in Madison, WI....
The American Cheese grp is having it's cheese festival in Richmond VA this yr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 11:23 AM
 
14,205 posts, read 23,894,002 times
Reputation: 19919
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Good for you...a great way to spend your time. And taste cheeses from your area. Care to share your favorite places?

I'm hoping for cheese recommendations and locations of cheese festivals...

http://www.wisconsindairy.org/assets...rDirectory.pdf



Union Star, Fremont, WI
Chalet Cheese, Monroe, MI
Widmer Cheese, Theresa, WI
Edelweiss Cheese, Monticello WI
Carr Valley Cheese, LeValle, WI
Babcock Dairy, Madison, WI
Maytag Cheese, Newton, IA

My favorites are Union Star and Maytag. Most of my foodie friends and chefs really like Carr Valley and Maytag.



Cheese Factories and Tours
89 Wisconsin Cheese Factories with Interactive Map


Honestly, I haven't heard of Cheese festivals as most producers have tasting rooms or offer samples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,850 posts, read 5,742,047 times
Reputation: 30051
As said earlier in thread...


The American Cheese Association will hold the annual festival in Richmond VA.
So you get to taste cheese from many, many different vendors from across the US.

Thanks for the list! I should have gone to Madison when the festival was there some yrs ago....

I LOVE Maytag!!!





[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
http://www.wisconsindairy.org/assets...rDirectory.pdf



Union Star, Fremont, WI
Chalet Cheese, Monroe, MI
Widmer Cheese, Theresa, WI
Edelweiss Cheese, Monticello WI
Carr Valley Cheese, LeValle, WI
Babcock Dairy, Madison, WI
Maytag Cheese, Newton, IA

My favorites are Union Star and Maytag. Most of my foodie friends and chefs really like Carr Valley and Maytag.



Cheese Factories and Tours
89 Wisconsin Cheese Factories with Interactive Map


Honestly, I haven't heard of Cheese festivals as most producers have tasting rooms or offer samples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 PM
 
Location: North State (California)
38,404 posts, read 2,900,459 times
Reputation: 12464
If you have a Trader Joes near you, look for the "unexpected cheddar", I love it.

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/pos...pected-cheddar

I love all British & Irish hard cheese also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 01:20 PM
 
14,205 posts, read 23,894,002 times
Reputation: 19919
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I love all British & Irish hard cheese also.
ALDI also has a good variety of British and Irish cheddars that are very attractively priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
26,850 posts, read 5,742,047 times
Reputation: 30051
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
If you have a Trader Joes near you, look for the "unexpected cheddar", I love it.

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/pos...pected-cheddar

I love all British & Irish hard cheese also.

Never been to TJ, so far from me....

Love Brit cheese, not sure if I've had Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Virginia
3,898 posts, read 1,994,157 times
Reputation: 10683
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
As said earlier in thread...


The American Cheese Association will hold the annual festival in Richmond VA.
So you get to taste cheese from many, many different vendors from across the US.

Thanks for the list! I should have gone to Madison when the festival was there some yrs ago....

I LOVE Maytag!!!





[/b]
Ooh, I'm only an hour from Richmond now so I will definitely go to the last day Festival of Cheese. I just won't tell my cardiologist about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 01:35 PM
 
Location: North State (California)
38,404 posts, read 2,900,459 times
Reputation: 12464
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Never been to TJ, so far from me....

Love Brit cheese, not sure if I've had Irish.

Look for Kerrygold or Dubliner, I think you will enjoy them. I hope you get to go to the cheese party/festival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top