U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 PM

1,918 posts, read 2,453,835 times

Advertisements

With your location and fondness of Maytag, you probably should check out this:
Welcome to Clemson Blue Cheese | Clemson University, South Carolina
It's on my short list for a visit soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 05:52 PM

262 posts, read 62,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Still looking for someone who has attended cheese festivals...? The one I had hoped to go to is in Madison, WI....
Gbh, I just ran across this thread. We used to go to "Cheese Days" in Monroe, WI. It's in Green County which makes more cheese than any county in the nation. The people of Green Co. are predominantly of Swiss heritage and it's very evident once you first see the area. The festival is held every other year on the odd years. We always stayed in New Glarus at the Chalet Landhaus, 15 minutes North of Monroe. Both towns are about 30 minutes from Madison. Also, a few miles South of New Glarus is a little creamery, that is run by one of the nation's master cheesemakers. His name is Steve Workman, a great guy who takes enormous pride in his art. I believe that he is the last cheesemaker in the nation to make 180 - 200 lb. rounds of Swiss Emmantaler cheese. If you ever get up that way, this is the best cheese fest in the country, it's a blast! Great food, great cheese, and there's a brewery too, Minhaus Brewery formerly known as Huber brewery, second oldest in country I think. Here's a few sites to check out. And if you have any questions fire away or DM me.

www.cheesedays.com
http://www.cheeseunderground.com/cat...bruce-workman/

Old 06-08-2019, 07:32 AM

26,808 posts, read 5,726,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Gbh, I just ran across this thread. We used to go to "Cheese Days" in Monroe, WI. It's in Green County which makes more cheese than any county in the nation. The people of Green Co. are predominantly of Swiss heritage and it's very evident once you first see the area. The festival is held every other year on the odd years. We always stayed in New Glarus at the Chalet Landhaus, 15 minutes North of Monroe. Both towns are about 30 minutes from Madison. Also, a few miles South of New Glarus is a little creamery, that is run by one of the nation's master cheesemakers. His name is Steve Workman, a great guy who takes enormous pride in his art. I believe that he is the last cheesemaker in the nation to make 180 - 200 lb. rounds of Swiss Emmantaler cheese. If you ever get up that way, this is the best cheese fest in the country, it's a blast! Great food, great cheese, and there's a brewery too, Minhaus Brewery formerly known as Huber brewery, second oldest in country I think. Here's a few sites to check out. And if you have any questions fire away or DM me.

www.cheesedays.com
http://www.cheeseunderground.com/cat...bruce-workman/

Thanks a lot! Wisconsin is the cheese state for sure.....I'd love to go there.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:14 PM

55,571 posts, read 54,174,429 times
Just missed one.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/montcla...heesefest-2019

Old 06-09-2019, 07:23 PM

17,470 posts, read 20,815,960 times
My husband would love to go to a cheese festival but I don't think there are any in NY. There have been bacon festivals and chocolate festivals here on LI, never got to any of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or