U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:49 PM

7,542 posts, read 4,113,378 times

Advertisements

...and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:54 PM

3,377 posts, read 2,274,289 times
I prefer the taste of crab over lobster. Crab (especially Dungeness) has a delicious, slightly sweet taste that I love. To me, lobster is also delicious, but often seemed to have an undertaste that I didn't like. I will make lobster stew and lobster bisque, but I would eat a ton of crab legs with a good butter/garlic sauce every day if I could!

Old Today, 01:58 PM

3,852 posts, read 3,060,352 times
I like them both, but I'll give crab legs a slight edge over lobster tail.

My 8 year old l-o-v-e-s crab legs and often wants to get them when we eat out (we live in an area with a lot of seafood). She also likes steak. Kid has expensive taste......Anyway, since you tend not to find crab legs on kids menus, and given the cost (not to mention all the additional work it creates for me so she doesn't mangle them on her own), we only occasionally let her get them when we eat out. I do buy them at the fish market, and sometimes at home on a Friday evening, she and I will have some as a treat.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

3,969 posts, read 4,666,082 times
Lobster Tail

I put a 12 to 14oz butterflied in a pie pan with just enough
water to come 1/2 way up the fanned out tail and toss it
into a 500 degree oven.

The only Crab that might come close would be King Crab
provided it's cut properly

Old Today, 02:06 PM

12,864 posts, read 15,023,763 times
I like both, but crab legs have better flavor. They have a unique flavor and are sweeter, while to me lobster has more of a bland, nondescript flavor. Also, crab legs are more tender. I have gotten tender lobster before, but I've also had rubbery lobster. Maybe it's the way it's cooked.

Old Today, 02:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 4,666,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Maybe it's the way it's cooked.

This is why I rarely order Lobster or Crab in Restaurants, as
many seem to boil them and they get icky

Old Today, 02:36 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,737,680 times
Dungeness every time. Most of the lobster I have eaten in my life has been at Chinese restaurants.

Old Today, 03:12 PM

20,017 posts, read 10,909,567 times
I prefer lobster to crab, but whole lobsters, not lobster tail which is frequently not even really lobster anyway, plus you are missing out on so much of the good stuff that way. I think the knuckle meat is better than the tail

Old Today, 03:16 PM

1,305 posts, read 356,670 times
King crab is the best tasting meat in the world, at least to me. I buy it every birthday. I once went to an all you can eat lobster deal - my friend and I each ate a dozen, and they were good size. It was great, but no comparison - I'd take king crab ever time.

Old Today, 03:17 PM

11,568 posts, read 5,528,213 times
I have a special recipe for Dungeness crab, not just leg, but I usually get them very fresh, not from the supermarket. I can’t stand Alaskan King Crab. But in the summer, I’m going for 2 weeks lobster fest in New England, I’ll tell you afterwards if I change my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink