U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:20 PM

3,633 posts, read 1,025,911 times

Advertisements

Lots of grilled cheese sandwiches recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM

956 posts, read 1,735,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
Always.
Unfortunately, the only almost-real bagels in this town (Charleston) is Brueggers. So, thank God for Brueggers! Starting with the onion flavor but continuing on & on & on ...
Of the bagel chains, I always liked their bagels more than Einstein Bagels. Too bad they don't have any locations left in the Chicago area, anymore.

I'd say my latest food kick, was discovering the new Haagen Dazs Spirits flavors. Which have a hint of alcohol in them, but aren't greater than 0.5% ABV per reading the info on the 2 flavors I've tried so far(Irish Creme Brownie, and also Bourbon Vanilla Bean Truffle). I was probably going to try the Tres Leches flavor next, but hadn't decided which one I will try for sure yet. Also, more info on these new Haagen Dazs Spirits ice cream flavors:

https://hypebeast.com/2019/3/haagen-...its-collection
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rs/2780734002/

Last edited by SonySegaTendo617; Yesterday at 01:49 AM..

Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM

995 posts, read 227,567 times
Making at least 1 new to us dish each week.

Old Yesterday, 05:12 AM

1,786 posts, read 598,139 times
I gave up meat for my Lenten Fast, and I hope to continue meat-free once the holy days have passed.

I recently read about prions and CWD being found in 24 states and 2 Canadian provinces and felt revisiting vegetarianism may be in order.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM

70,623 posts, read 81,698,325 times
hate to admit this cause I used to think brats or smoked sausage was not worth eating and so unhealthy but now I can't go to fresh Market without buying some chicken/blue cheese smoked sausage. They have a few other flavors that are also awesome.

Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM

36,168 posts, read 44,322,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
hate to admit this cause I used to think brats or smoked sausage was not worth eating and so unhealthy but now I can't go to fresh Market without buying some chicken/blue cheese smoked sausage. They have a few other flavors that are also awesome.
I always get the chicken sausage with kale at Fresh Market. I would never ordinarily buy chicken sausage.

My last food kick was flavored sparkling water.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

3,309 posts, read 1,603,710 times
Farro and legumes.

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

3,122 posts, read 1,346,874 times
Key lime pie with graham crust---limes are so cheap here. And I have a citrus juicer I use all the time.

Jalapeno cornbread--after trying several recipes, this one really kicks a$$ (esp. with 3 X the jalapenos and some roasted red bell peppers instead of creamed corn--yuck):

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...3?photo=128419

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

29,875 posts, read 18,889,409 times
Chai oatmeal cooked with black tea, topped with an assortment of shredded coconut, chopped nuts, Stevia brown sugar and flax.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

995 posts, read 227,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Key lime pie with graham crust---limes are so cheap here. And I have a citrus juicer I use all the time.

Jalapeno cornbread--after trying several recipes, this one really kicks a$$ (esp. with 3 X the jalapenos and some roasted red bell peppers instead of creamed corn--yuck):

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...3?photo=128419
Unless you use Key limes, it is just a lime pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink