U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 04:13 PM

3,026 posts, read 4,194,673 times

Advertisements

I ate cereal for what seemed like every meal when I was a kid. Then somewhere around nineteen, or twenty, I never ate it again for about twenty years. Just started to eat it again occasionally and I'm now 43.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 04:32 PM

18,350 posts, read 23,519,650 times
I have a love/hate relationship with liver and butterscotch pudding

Old 04-01-2019, 09:33 PM

2,181 posts, read 693,460 times
Banana bread. Loved it as a kid, can't stand it now.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 PM

1,059 posts, read 150,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Tuna fish sandwich - it makes me gag now. I can't do it.

Miss it because it was always a go to...
Canned or pouch tuna?

If it's canned, then try switching to the pouch. But if you're having issues with the pouch then avoid the canned variety.

In either case a fresh tuna steak sandwich would be best. A nice piece of tuna grilled 5 minutes on each side. Add your favorite roll/bread and toppings. Yum

I used to enjoy cold cereal or oatmeal. But now all cereal tastes too sweet or blah for me. I might grab a box of cold cereal if want a quick snack to munch on. I don't have any regular favorites anymore. The manufacturers made too many changes to them.

One of my favorite drinks Lipton Brisk Tea has started to taste blah to me. It lost is flavor to me now. I taste lemon water now, no tea. It looks like I will have to stick with Sweet Tea now.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:31 PM

13,388 posts, read 21,940,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wine and sushi. Interesting both things to avoid while pregnant. I don't see any relationship though. I wasn't really sick during pregnancy at all either.
You can send them both my way, any time! I'll return the favor and send you Reese's peanut butter products. I can't tolerate them any longer, they've messed with the recipe of both the chocolate and the PB filling to the point that it doesn't even resemble what it used to be back in the 80s.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 AM

581 posts, read 194,176 times
I used to love beets until I became allergic to them.
I used to eat potato chips, toaster strudels, frozen french fries, and donuts regularly in my twenties but now in my 40s wouldn't touch any of those with a ten foot poll lol. No cravings for them either.
I used to love cornmeal mush, but now it just tastes bla.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:22 AM

10,287 posts, read 4,862,753 times
I'm pretty much the opposite; things I didn't care for when I was younger I now like. Can't think of anything I used to enjoy eating that I don't anymore except scrambled eggs although there are a lot of things I don't eat because of sticking to my healthier eating plan.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:08 AM

3,030 posts, read 2,017,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I used to love Guinness Stout, drank it as a treat a few times a year, but the last few times I've had it, I didn't enjoy it and no longer want it.
What have you lost your taste for that you used to love?
This required some thought on my part. I go into mood swings as far as certain foods, like fresh citrus, or skyr, when I want some every day, and then the madness passes, but I return to them again at some point.

The one thing I really lost my taste for is scorching hot peppers. The kind where you wake up in the ER wondering who worked you over.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:46 AM

3,257 posts, read 4,476,836 times
At first glance I thought the title of this thread was “Ever lost your taste for SOMEONE you once loved.” ��
As a child I loved Pickled Herring. I would get caught eat that hiding in the cupboard from the 5 gallon glass jar. Yeah 5 gallon, we loved our herring. But now I don’t. Can’t really find it pickled, it’s alway in a wine sauce or a creamy sauce.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:28 AM

2,114 posts, read 1,269,568 times
I used to be a hard-core soda drinker (Diet Dr. Pepper was my drink of choice.) But due to both trying to manage my weight and the toll it took on my teeth, I started to wean myself off of them by substituting sparkling water (low sodium and sugar) instead. This was three years ago. I recently tried a sip of diet Coke and nearly gagged. I can't abide soft drinks anymore. (For the record, I also developed a distaste for the sparkling waters eventually as well.)

I started doing some serious cooking about that same time, and now I have developed a low tolerate for fast food or fried food. This isn't to say I never have them, but it tends to be very few and far between nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or