U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:53 AM

139 posts, read 28,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I used to love Guinness Stout, drank it as a treat a few times a year, but the last few times I've had it, I didn't enjoy it and no longer want it.
What have you lost your taste for that you used to love?

to drink....used to drink all the time, beer, wine, vodka, bourbon.......then one day, I asked out loud, no one here to answer, why am I drinking this ? and since I didn't get a response, didn't know what to expect
maybe I'd say something, but there was no answer, and I just got up poured it out and haven't had a drink since. And there's still booze all over, but I wasn't even tempted, and it still sits where I last left it, and don't care.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 01:34 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,728,729 times
I have lost a taste for cheaper, more processed, and more decadent versions of things. When I got to college and was living on my own for the first time, I indulged in things like Entenmann's pastries, gorpy ice cream flavors (think Ben n Jerry's flavors with everything but the kitchen sink in them), frequent fast food meals, and the like.

I still like pastries, ice cream, and fast food, but I am way more selective, prefer gentler, more nuanced flavors, I am less enticed by gobs of frosting or "triple chocolate death covered in fudge" type of decadence, and fast food has become more of a rare indulgence.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:37 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,194,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm pretty much the opposite; things I didn't care for when I was younger I now like. Can't think of anything I used to enjoy eating that I don't anymore except scrambled eggs although there are a lot of things I don't eat because of sticking to my healthier eating plan.
I'm like this too. My best friend growing up loved chips, and soup. I ate cereal and cookies. He used to eat at my house, and I at his. Now, today I like chips and soup. Basically salty things, and I could care less for any sweets or cookies. I went twenty years without eating cereal. I used to live on it as a kid. Today I could inhale a bag of chips. Funny how we change.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-02-2019 at 08:04 PM..

Old 04-02-2019, 08:37 PM

5,843 posts, read 8,603,714 times
I used to love chocolate ice cream but now I like vanilla better.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:16 PM

4,709 posts, read 1,423,810 times
A whole bunch of stuff I ate when I was a kid. Mostly convenience store junk food made by Hostess and Drake's. Those apple and blueberry pies, coffee cakes, yodels, ring dings, etc. All of it just tastes like chemicals to me now. Same with Pringles and Oreos.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:25 AM

1,195 posts, read 471,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I used to love Guinness Stout, drank it as a treat a few times a year, but the last few times I've had it, I didn't enjoy it and no longer want it.
What have you lost your taste for that you used to love?
Chicken wings.

Used to eat them once a week, sometimes twice during the bar chicken wing specials. That oil is unhealthy, they are cooked in.

Stopped eating them 8 months ago.

Don't miss them at all.

Ibused to have a craving, bwell was it a, craving? For cheetos or a Ranch flavored Doritos occasionally.

Stopped that as well.

It's crap.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 AM

2,444 posts, read 1,062,526 times
I used to like blue cheese, but now it just tastes like mold to me.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:58 AM

1,219 posts, read 305,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Chicken wings.

Used to eat them once a week, sometimes twice during the bar chicken wing specials. That oil is unhealthy, they are cooked in.

Stopped eating them 8 months ago.

Don't miss them at all.

Ibused to have a craving, bwell was it a, craving? For cheetos or a Ranch flavored Doritos occasionally.

Stopped that as well.

It's crap.
I still love chicken wings, but done in the rotisserie basket over charcoal. They are lightly coated with olive oil, herbs and spices. Not into the fried any more. They are also great done in a wood fired oven.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:12 PM

6,612 posts, read 10,671,815 times
- wine, a few years ago, acidity, perceive no difference between $10 and $40 bottle, not worth $40+

- tomato sauce, a few years ago, too much acidity

- eggs, gave up on them completely about a year ago, tasteless

- cheese, about a year ago, always made me a bit queasy in the stomach, finally gave it up completely

- any store-bought bread

- seafood, about a year ago, makes me sick to my stomach (by now, I've become a vegan)

- nuts, just recently make me sick to my stomach

I make my own breads and pizza, even bagels, feeling pretty good about it, even bought 25-pound sacks of flour, whole wheat, rye, also some teff, sometimes millet, occasionally oat, all stone milled and organic but with added wheat gluten, Gluten, GLUTEN. Love gluten.

Pasta never went out of style in our household, but now only whole grain and veggie. Also whole grain rice, quinoa, potatoes, yucca. Legumes too, but smaller portions than years before.

Lots of fruits and vegetables, love bitter, Bitter, BITTER greens.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:47 PM

508 posts, read 102,427 times
I hate to admit it, but Campbell's chicken noodle soup was a fave up through early 20s. Wouldn't touch it now. I have to really be in the mood for scrambled eggs now or they make me nauseous and they used to be a huge favorite. I still like chocolate, but don't love it like I used to, and can't stand anything that is chocolate on chocolate, like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Like someone else mentioned, any of the Little Debbie, Hostess type desserts. They taste like chemicals to me as well.

Conversely, I like veges a lot more than I used to and tend to pick vegetarian or vegan options quite a bit, or at least eat more of the veges than animal proteins when we have both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or