U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:26 AM

1 posts, read 407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I used to love Guinness Stout, drank it as a treat a few times a year, but the last few times I've had it, I didn't enjoy it and no longer want it.
What have you lost your taste for that you used to love?
Everything is very simple. All products have become artificial. For example, I always liked condensed milk, but now its taste has become so disgusting that you buy something similar to condensed milk. You come to the store, there are a lot of products, but in fact there is nothing to buy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 06:16 AM

37,097 posts, read 45,613,761 times
A good hamburger used to be my favorite thing. Lately, I havenít really got a taste for them. Since I went low carb, Iím not into the bun much. I just enjoy a plain burger with a little salad more.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:25 AM

356 posts, read 83,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalyExtract View Post
Everything is very simple. All products have become artificial. For example, I always liked condensed milk, but now its taste has become so disgusting that you buy something similar to condensed milk. You come to the store, there are a lot of products, but in fact there is nothing to buy
Nonsense.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:10 PM

3,018 posts, read 4,194,673 times
I agree with those who said that all little debbie snacks taste like chemicals.

I bought some Funny bones a year back and thought that they did not taste like they once did. Now, maybe it's me getting older and my taste buds have changed, but one of my friends said that he thought that they tasted different too.

It does seem like a lot of things taste different. Don't know if it's me or changes that have been made.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-04-2019 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-04-2019, 06:28 PM

2,088 posts, read 710,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I bought some Funny bones a year back and thought that they did not taste like they once did. Now, maybe it's me getting older and my taste buds have changed, but one of my friends said that he thought that they tasted different too.
My favorite junk food used to be Dolly Madison Zingers- later Hostess Zingers, then disappeared for awhile, then the Hostess brand was bought by a company that started making them again.

They just don't taste the same. There has been some speculation that eliminating trans-fats has changed the taste of many junk foods.

Probably just as well- and I eat TONS more vegetables and less meat than I used to, and those are good developments, too.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:29 PM

771 posts, read 1,119,584 times
Turkey lunchmeat. Back in the day (10 years ago) I use to only eat white meat, so I ate Turkey sandwiches. Loved them. Then one day, the Turkey was repulsive. Still can't tolerate Turkey lunch meat too well. But I do love fresh cooked turkey.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 AM

18,350 posts, read 23,519,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
Turkey lunchmeat. Back in the day (10 years ago) I use to only eat white meat, so I ate Turkey sandwiches. Loved them. Then one day, the Turkey was repulsive. Still can't tolerate Turkey lunch meat too well. But I do love fresh cooked turkey.
you are not alone.... the turkey luncheon loaf was my fav...lol

the packaged meats- packaged sandwich meats - that sell around the packaged bacon and hot dogs..... don't sell at all as they use too......partly because of nitrites/nitrates and all the other ingredients...and partly because most would rather get it sliced at the deli... it appears fresher....tho you don't get to see the ingredients.....

Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 PM

689 posts, read 159,007 times
Shellfish.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:47 PM

240 posts, read 67,457 times
Sour apple laffy taffy. I loved the stuff. I was munching on some when my ex-fiance told me she cheated. I instantly threw up. The memory of the awful taste creeps me out to this day. I don't eat it anymore.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:10 PM

21,856 posts, read 14,364,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Tex-Mex.

I used to love the big local Tex-Mex chain. I've had better Mexican in other places to know this local chain is pretty awful. There is a single restaurant in the area that I'll eat Tex-Mex from, and even then I rarely crave anything but salsa.
I am not big on Americanized Mexican food either. In much of it all I ever discern is starch. Today, because DH loves the stuff, we drove a fair distance to eat pretty decent Mexican. I had a fajita salad because I like the grilled veggies. It was fine, if under spiced for Mexican food.

We ate the good stuff in the American Southwest a few weeks ago. There is no comparison. Everyone should eat the local cuisine in New Mexico at least once in their lives.

But, yeah, I used to enjoy the ubiquitous Americanized Mexican food easily found everywhere. But i have lost taste and interest in most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or