U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 18 days ago)

8,682 posts, read 10,836,637 times

Advertisements

I used to like spaghetti a lot as the pasta of choice, but not anymore. I'll eat ziti or rigatoni, but too many years of spaghetti and no appeal anymore I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 03:30 PM

153 posts, read 31,999 times
Salmon. I love all seafood, and it still looks really good in pictures, but makes me gag if I eat it now.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM

517 posts, read 358,197 times
Scallops. So sad! used to love them but ever since I got pregnant with my second kiddo, I hated it! and hoped it'll stop when the baby was born. Kiddo is nearly 6 now, no chance so far.

ribs. I used to love eating ribs but now the thought of it is just too much work and many other more delicious options.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:14 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,390,609 times
I used to like to melt Velveeta in my mac & cheese and in dips but now I loathe the stuff.
I used to eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast, now I can't bear the sight of it.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:13 PM

2,866 posts, read 1,256,551 times
Swordfish. I used to love it but can't even look at it now without my stomach flipping.

Back around 33 years ago, I saved up some money and bought some swordfish fillets for my friend and her family since they loved them but couldn't really afford them. Her dad grilled them and they came out beautifully. Unfortunately we all got ciguatera poisoning from them and were violently ill for days/weeks afterwards.

I haven't been able to eat it since, lol.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:36 PM

6,842 posts, read 3,714,977 times
The only thing I can really thing of is sour cream and onion potato chips. Used to love them enough to eat a whole bag. Now just the thought of them makes me gag.

On the other hand I think a lot of the things I used to like and don't so much any more is due to poor quality ingredients more than anything else. For example, I loved hamburgers growing up. Now I don't care that much for them, though I'll eat them if that's the option. Then a few weeks ago I was able to hold of some good organic ground chuck and made my own smash burgers on a toasted bun with ripe organic tomatoes and good swiss cheese. It was like I'd stepped back 40 years and loved the burger again.

Now that we have a store nearby with decent quality produce and meat, we are paying a bit more for quality but find that overall we are spending less because the higher quality ingredients seem to satisfy the need with less food mass eaten.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:10 AM

71,945 posts, read 83,597,281 times
never completely lost my taste I don't think, but Velveeta cheese does come to mind. I still like asparagus but used to love it and was raised on eggs, sunny side up: not my thing anymore. I want them soft but over easy.
A better question for me would be: what do I love now I used to hate and there are dozens of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or