Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Best Foods. We tried a Japanese brand but it tasted like Miracle Whip.
Hellmans which we get here is the same company as Best Foods we got in CA. Until I tried Dukes the other day all but Aldi's brand tasted like Miracle Whip after using Hellman's for so many years> I know a lot of people swear by Miracle Whip but certainly not our family. It is ok for making dressings like thousand Island but not for anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 04:57 PM

19,376 posts, read 15,217,290 times
This is one time when I put my foot down; it has to be Best Foods. I don't want the olive oil version, though.

I don't think of mayonnaise and Miracle Whip as being an either/or thing. I see them as two separate things entirely. I like them both. For some reason, I always think of mayo as being "standard" and Miracle Whip being a once-in-a-while change. Sometimes I just get a craving for it.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:41 AM

1,199 posts, read 659,187 times
My favorite mayo is now Sir Kensingtons classic mayo. It is also made without soy or canola oil.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:54 AM

613 posts, read 943,770 times
I always buy "lite" Mayo (less fat & calories), generally the Hannaford store brand. TJ's used to sell an excellent "light" Mayo, but then they didn't.....Does Hellman's sell a "lite" Mayo?

As far as the Mayo vs. ketchup on fries debate, I gotta go with the guys opinion on that at the beginning of "Pulp Fiction". Someone here mentioned putting Mayo on his hot dog--now that's disgusting! (I'm joking, but there's something wrong with that IMO>>>>>)......

Last edited by WoodyWW; 06-17-2019 at 08:06 AM..

Old 06-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyWW View Post
I always buy "lite" Mayo (less fat & calories), generally the Hannaford store brand. TJ's used to sell an excellent "light" Mayo, but then they didn't.....
I couldn't care less if it has less fat etc. There are some things that you just can't replace just because it has less fat. To me, mayo is one of them. On the other hand you are probably in better shape than me cause you pay attention to low fat I can handle low fat cottage cheese with no problem but not Mayo or sour cream.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,624,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have seen Kewpie mayo at a local Asian grocery store. Thought about buying it but I want to know what it tastes like. Oh and I only use Hellman's here in NY.
We tried it and after using it for awhile, we can't go back to regular "American" style mayonnaise. They sell the Kewpie in our Ingles grocery store and it is delicious, and has a richer taste. It has more of the egg yolk in it.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:53 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,751,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well finally, after saying for years I was going to try it: I did buy Duke's. It was on sale and I had a coupon.
My opinion which is something I never thought I would say: it is actually even better than "Hellmans" it is just a little tarter. I will, probably just get it when on sale due to the cost but man it is good.
Agree. Growing up in the Midwest and working in the Northeast for years, it was always Hellmans’s. We moved to FL and Publix had Duke’s on BOGO and that was the end of Hellman’s for us and I found I really like mayonnaise now.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:18 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
I just came back to the Hellman’s fold. As I already said, I used Kraft because of my potato salad recipe. I bought Hellman’s on sale and I must admit that it tastes just right in things like tuna, egg and chicken salad.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just came back to the Hellman’s fold. As I already said, I used Kraft because of my potato salad recipe. I bought Hellman’s on sale and I must admit that it tastes just right in things like tuna, egg and chicken salad.
I will grab a jar of Kraft only if there is a great sale and I have a coupon but that is very rare. Now that I have discovered Dukes and still have my Hellman's I am not sure I have any reason to look for specials on Kraft.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:07 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,213 times
Dukes for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink